The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards

Go Back   The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > Discussion Forums > The "Mane" Forum
The "Mane" Forum This is where you'll find the community members talking about the latest and greatest in hair. Discuss everything hair here!

Main Menu

hair styles The Community
hair care Home
prom hair Articles
long hair styles Product Reviews
long hair care Boutique
long hair prom styles Forums
hair styles Memberlist
hair care Chat Room
prom hair styles Calendar
long hair style FAQ
long hair care Contribute!

growing long hair Contact zone
long hair care products Staff
long hair gallery Contact Us
long hair updo Advertising

Archives

User Name:

Password:

Remember Me?
Not a member yet?
Register Now!

Old December 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM   #1
sarah_mi
Long Hair Admirer

Trader Rating: 0

Curling boyfriend's hair

My boyfriend is really lazy when it comes to his hair, and a lot of the time he waits WAYY too long between haircuts. (He says it saves money if he doesn't go to the barber as often, even though he looks SO much better with it short.)

So sometimes when it gets long enough, I'll take out my hair curlers and sign him up for an appointment at Sarah's Full Service Hair Salon! He looks so cute with his hair set in curlers, and he looks so funny when we're finished with all his little ringlets!

Am I the only one who does this, or does anyone else like to give your boyfriends / guy friends / SOs makeovers?
Old December 21st, 2005, 02:37 PM   #2
Medvssa
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 0.1/23,5/30 ?
Type: 3a/3b/C/ii
Trader Rating: 4

Re: Curling boyfriend's hair

I also do, and I have a head of long wavy hair to practice braiding but he doesn't really seem to like it, so I try not to abuse, hehe
I would love to put him on curlers, but when I mentioned it, he gave me a very "don't you dare" look, but someday I will do it
Old December 21st, 2005, 05:17 PM   #3
nahleili
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 7/19.5/45
Type: 1c/2a/M/C/ii

I totally do. I've gone so far as to make him a bubble bath with my girly stuff, attack him with my blackhead remover too, and before he cut off his BSL curls, pamper his hair or straighten it so he could enjoy his hair at its full length.
Old December 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM   #4
MariaAZ
Long Hair Guru

Length: 23.5/24.5/30
Type: 1c/2a/F/ii
Trader Rating: 10

I've never asked DH about putting curlers in his hair, for one reason I don't currently own curlers and another is he isn't fond of his hair being curly. He was curly as a kid, and even today occasionally tries to coax his 27" long 2a hair a bit straighter.

However, he DOES endulge my urges to try updos. When I get the bug to try something new, he rolls his eyes and grumbles, but lets me twist and pin and clip and braid to my heart's content. I find it very helpful in applying the styles to my own hair, but I think he secretly enjoys his hair being played with and just won't admit it

With cookies as a companion one is never alone! - Arcticpixie
Old December 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM   #5
zule
Long Hair Guru

Length: 27.5/waist/term.
Type: 2b/2c/F/M/ii
Trader Rating: 17

When he had long hair, rollers were OUT. He thinks women are nuts for using them, so why would a man want to? But makeovers, yes, if you mean facials, deep conditioning, etc. He likes that.

Please stop by my My Journal. I've made the best friends here!
Old December 21st, 2005, 06:20 PM   #6
ohjezebel
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 16?/33/TB
Type: 2c/3a/M/ii
Trader Rating: 5

My lover is more vain than I am. He has this green clay mask stuff that he loooves to use, so I'll come back to my apartment to find that my roommate has let him in so he's in his boxers and this green mask reading his motorgeek forum on my laptop. He'll then insist on putting the mask on my face too.

He loves it when I find new recipes on here to try - the aspirin mask was a real favorite with him. He'll let me deep condition his hair and do ACV rinses and everything. Sadly Lover's hair isn't long enough to play with, but an exboyfriend/still friend has shoulder length hair that he'll let me oil and brush and braid. He even sat still for a S&D when his splits started driving me insane (darn hair ocd).

Anyone else bothered by splits in other people's hair to the point of doing a S&D to cut them all off?
Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:58 AM   #7
Dick
Long Hair Devotee

My wife sets my hair often. We use the large brush type but with the brushes removed. The results are amazing, mostly straight and smooth but with a hint of wave. This seems to be the safest way to avoid damage. Drying time is about 1 hour under a hood type dryer on low heat.

I strangely enough like the feel of the rollers and she enjoys doing it.

I could post some photos if anyone would be interested, assuming I can remember where I filed them.

Dick
Old December 22nd, 2005, 09:01 AM   #8
GlennaGirl
Long Hair Guru

Length: 16.25/20.5/class
Type: 1a/1b/F/ii
Trader Rating: 2

My husband would sprinkle me with holy water and go hide in a corner if I ever came near him with a hair curler.

I just can't see it happening...

Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM   #9
nessthing
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 16/36/48
Type: 1c/F/M/ii

I have a friend of the female persuasion who's long since straightened and dyed the luster and softness from her shoulder length hair, and is very infatuated with my virgin locks.

Yeah, she likes to pet or braid or brush or bun my hair... a lot. (The scalp massages are nice too.) I think I'd draw the line however at rollers.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:28 PM   #10
redpenny
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 31''/38''/40 CL
Type: 2b/F/M/ii
Trader Rating: 1

I am constantly on my boyfriend's butt about his hair! I am always trying to take care of it for him because he doesn't care for his hair at all and of course I am obsessed with hair being healthy in all. My boyfriend has almost shoulder length hair and it is a little wavy and curly. I can't wait till the day when I get to strenghten his hair out. When he had shorter hair, I used to spike it up for him and make him look all cute and stuff! he..he! He doesn't mind it that much but sometimes he does.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:44 PM   #11
lilmisspicky126
Long Hair Devotee

Length: nada/24/28
Type: 1c/M/C/iii
Trader Rating: 3

Haha....i get the feeling my boyfriend would run if i came at him with rollers...run and probably never talk to me again. But then again he doesnt really care about his hair ( which is sad, because it would be rather pretty if cared for correctly) doesnt use conditioner ( doesnt see the point) wont comb it, or brush it ( because then it looks odd) and he wont wear sunscreen either...but thats another story haha

Old December 25th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #12
sarah_mi
Long Hair Admirer

Talking Re: Curling boyfriend's hair

I just got a few things for Christmas that I'm very excited about, but I don't think my boyfriend will be to happy about next time I do his hair. I got a hood dryer attachment for my blow dryer and a cute pink flowery hairdresser's cape!

He's gonna look so cute sitting there wearing the cape with the bonnet dryer over the rollers in his hair! Hrmm, his hair needs to grow faster...

Oh well, until then, I'll be able to get plenty of use out of them myself. Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #13
Saoirse
Long Hair Devotee

Length: less/CLSC!/more?
Type: 1a/1b/F/M/ii

Aww, that's so cute! I don't think I've ever seen a guy in curlers, but it's an endearing thought.
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:40 AM   #14
Dick
Long Hair Devotee

Hi All;

Just thought I'd post a few photos I found in my files that show my wife's handy work with rollers:

I think the use of rollers is very safe and produces very good results. The only down side is the time it takes to dry your hair. Mine takes about an hour, depending on the size and type of roller used.

Dick
Old December 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #15
Marie99
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 22/28/36
Type: 2c/C/iii

My husband used to have very long hair, and he would let me braid it, but that's it. I also have attacked him with pore strips several times and he loves it.