The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards

Go Back   The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > Discussion Forums > Hair Polls & Projects
Hair Polls & Projects Looking for some group participation? Post and participate in community hair polls and projects here!

Main Menu

hair styles The Community
hair care Home
prom hair Articles
long hair styles Product Reviews
long hair care Boutique
long hair prom styles Forums
hair styles Memberlist
hair care Chat Room
prom hair styles Calendar
long hair style FAQ
long hair care Contribute!

growing long hair Contact zone
long hair care products Staff
long hair gallery Contact Us
long hair updo Advertising

Archives

User Name:

Password:

Remember Me?
Not a member yet?
Register Now!
View Poll Results: What's the longest hair you've seen in real life?
Waist length 29 5.62%
Classic length 125 24.22%
Knee-length 230 44.57%
Floor length 97 18.80%
Beyond floor 35 6.78%
Voters: 516. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 12th, 2005, 12:48 AM   #106
asuprash
Long Hair Admirer

Trader Rating: 0

Re: What's the longest hair you've seen in real life?

The longest I have seen is a braid to the ankles when I was a kid in New Delhi (India)..The braid was uniformly thick and perhaps about 3.5 inches in diameter...

A friend of mine from TLHS has reported this sighting.. I dont think anyone can rival his ...

The question to all of you who read this...Is ...?
How long is her braid ?

This friend told me about seeing a woman in an Asian Indian supermarket in Georgia with a very thick hip-length braid that then looped around and around itself clear up to the top of her head, wrapped several times (about 4 -5 times) around there (clear up to the front), and finally fell again (wrapped and wrapped around itself) back to the small of her back, where the very end part was knotted and wrapped around and around. It was thick all the way out. She was about 5'2'' feet tall.

Cheers..
Prashanth

Last edited by Fia : June 12th, 2005 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Edited to remove specific location details to protect identity of the woman in question
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #107
winter
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 14"/42"/55"
Type: 1a/F/M/ii
Trader Rating: 6

knee-lenght, when I was working one day. I was so busy admiring her hair that I almost forgot to charge her for the things she bought. It was braided to the tail-bone, and the rest let loose, so it was possibly longer when worn down entirely.
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #108
Nalia
Long Hair Guru

Length: 16 in/19 in/40 in
Type: 1a/F/i/ii

The longest I have ever seen was just to the floor, and that was a long time ago. You don't see a lot of really long hair where I live. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of +60 women, and every one I have ever seen had the short hair. Some of the younger girls wear theirs long, but I have never seen anything longer than BSL where I live.

Meaning, I suppose, in a couple of years I am going to be considered a freak.
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #109
DEE_56652
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 10 in/24 in/waist
Type: 1b/1c/F/ii
Trader Rating: 2

my grandma mables hair when she let it down it laid out on the floor. she was 4ft 9 in tall her hair had to been 5 ft 5 in . my dad used to tell stories him and his brother taking turns brushing it out when they were kids.
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #110
DarkTresses
Banned Member

Length: 12/31/tail
Type: 1c/M/C/ii/iii

[ But I saw an Indian family. The mother had her hair up, in what must have been one of the biggest updos I ever saw, and her 2 daughters, who must have been 13 and 11, I'm guessing. They both had their hair in 2 braids, and they were looped and secured to the base of the braids with ribbons. The bottom of the loops were right at tailbone length. Loose I'm sure the braids would have been close to or on the floor, and undone, probably 6" or so dragging on the floor. I don't doubt, they had never had their hair cut. Everyone's hair was jet black and very nice condition too.[/quote]

Longest hair I have seen was on a teenage girl,about 17-18 yrs.old,some time ago,she had wonderful,thick,straight/a bit wavy,dark-brown hair,loosely gathered with a single scrunchie at waist length. Her hair reached mid-calf !! on the other hand as my 2 daughters (11 & 12 yrs.old) are also of South Asian-Indian heritage,we also do very often the traditional Indian 2 looped braids with ribbons !! For now their looped braids are not that long,as their hair is "only" down to tailbone,but with increased length in future,possibly reaching knees,they'll get longer loops We use this particular braided style for school,it's great !
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #111
Kathleen
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 13/27.5/35.5
Type: 2b/F/ii

The longest I've ever seen is a girl with a loose dark blond braid to just above her ankles. It was quite dull though, and rather thin, and my reaction was 'wow, thats long' rather than 'wow, thats pretty' so I didn't say anything to her. But there's this girl who comes into my work sometimes, with thick black curleyhair. Its naturally brown, but she dies it black. She has a really small waist and the bottom of her hair sits right at the smallest part of her waist. The ends are SO thick and healthy, all her hair is, and its so SHINEY. I just stare and drool every time. I'll have to say something to her one day, but I'm too shy.
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #112
avery
Long Hair Guru

Length: short/bob/BS
Type: 1b/F/ii
Trader Rating: 1

I worked with a Pentecostal lady whose hair was down to her calves. She washed it twice a week and mostly wore it in a braided bun, if I remember correctly. It was strawberry blond and super shiney!

Also, the lady who mentored me in metaphysical work is Cherokee/Irish. Her hair was once down to her knees. She said she recently cut it to shoulder length. She uses mostly herbal washes and EO.
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #113
spunkymonki87
Long Hair Guru

Length: shldr/26.5"/term
Type: 2c/3a/M/C/ii

Out of the blue today, I remembered a woman that had once worked at a summer school camp when I was in 4th grade. Her hair had never been cut (A sort of religion of hers..) and it was down to her ankles It was dark brown, about 26-ish, straight and pretty shiny. ah, memories : )
Current Routine: CO with Suave, VO5, or WR 1x/2weeks; apply jojoba oil to damp hair and throughout week; pre-wash treatment optional.
~ No cruel and unusual punishment included~

>Hair Journal< (public) Kitsch, please! (a knitting blog) Updated!
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #114
Athena's Owl
Long Hair Guru

Length: 10/28/32
Type: 3b/3c/F/M/ii
Trader Rating: 4

I went to school with a Ukranian girl who had hair to her knees when I knew her. Hair like a wheatfield. She wore it in a braid often.

and then one night, sometime in the 90's, I was watching the evening news and they had a "coming up next" shot of a woman walking. she was walking very fast. the shot was really only of her feet, and wavy wheatfield blonde hair floating behind her.

I thought to myself, "I know her."

And sure enough, I did! She'd grown her hair to the point where six inches of it would drag on the floor if (wait for it) she didn't walk fast enough.

I was amused.

a few years ago I was back in that town. I'm sure I saw her, though I was in a car and couldn't stop - but who else would have been navigating over a knee-high snow drift and holding her braid looped in her hand like a lariat in order to cross the street?
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:55 AM   #115
Chocolate Locks
Long Hair Devotee

Length: Pixie/30.7"/33.5"
Type: 1b/F/M/ii

The longest hair I ever saw was on a Japanese girl here. She had gorgeous knee length hair. I couldn't stop looking at her, it was fascinating.
First goal length: hip length at the front and tailbone at the back

Old June 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #116
bionicman
Long Hair Devotee

Many years back, in a DIY store (hardware) I saw a young woman (early 20s) with dark brown curly hair to her mid calf. She was wearing it loose and going about her business seemingly unaware of other shoppers peering around the corner for a look. Perhaps she was used to it. It was fairly thick, and in good condition, apart from the last six inches or so.

Another time, in Bedford, a town with a large south asian community, I once almost crashed my bike when I saw a young indian woman drying her knee length hair in the sun sitting outside the front of her house.
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #117
enivid
Long Hair Devotee

Type: 2a/2b/C/ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
knee length and it was amazing! I see a lot of long hair where I live

yeah same here (also in California no wonder). The longest would also be knee-length.
Old June 17th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #118
LittleFlower
Long Hair Guru

Length: less/43"/more
Type: 2a/C/ii
Trader Rating: 8

I've seen a lady with a braid that ended at midthigh. She was waiting at a bus stop and she looked Vietnamese (well, she was dressed in an ao dai). My housemate and close friend also has fingertip-length hair and she's still growing

At the Botanical Gardens.
March 2007. Photo by Beatnik Guy.
[Journal] [Pictures] [Threadless?]
Old June 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #119
Prism
Long Hair Devotee

Length: 19.5/21/26
Type: 2b/M/ii/iii

My mom and sis have hair that brushes their ankles. My mom wears hers up in a braided bun, and my sister usually has hers in one long braid. The church they go to is full of ultra-long-haired women. Most will trim their hair, but some (like my mom and sis) don't believe in even trimming.

Prism's Long Hair Journal
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:55 AM   #120
Bloop
Long Hair Guru

Length: 2/24/45
Type: 3a/M/ii/iii

One of my UK friends had hair to her Calves, now its just at thighs. It looks alot better though.

Pictures | Journal | Piggies