Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : How often do i need to trim my hair?

Littlehideko
November 6th, 2003, 07:07 AM
How often do you ladys suggest to trim your hair? And what is a good deep conditioner that I could use 1 time a month?

Pixna
November 6th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Wowsers, Hideko -- your hair is GORGEOUS!!! Trimming is really a very individual matter. Some of us trim once a month, some trim every three months, some trim every six months, and some trim once a year. And, of course, there are those who are somewhere in between all that, and others who just trim when they think their hair needs it, which might be as long as every few years. There also is a group here that doesn't trim at all -- they are keeping their ends as natural (and healthy) as possible. So, there's no set rule. However often you think your particular hair needs a little trim, that's what's right for you.

I don't deep condition my hair, so I'll have to leave that question for someone else to answer.

This is the first time I've seen you here -- so, WELCOME!!! :D

pgw
November 6th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Hi Hideko. :D

Ditto Pixna on the trimming. ;)

*I* believe you can use any conditioner as a deep conditioner just by allowing it to remain in your hair longer or by using a heat cap.

I'm into LUSH American Cream at the moment (btw, this is some great stuff). I'm a product junkie so I switch around a lot because I have a tendency to get bored with a product after a while. :rolleyes: A lot also depends on what you're looking for . . . cones vs. more natural ingredients . . . moisture vs. protein treatments.

You might try the Product Review board to see what others think of various shampoos & conditioners. You might want to keep in mind whether you & the person doing the review have similar hair types.

CurlyKitten
November 6th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Hi Hideko, welcome! I like Aubrey Organics GPB a lot . It has a nice balance of protein and moisture. My hair really likes protein though. What is your hair type? It might help people to give you better suggestions :D

Golden Mermaid
November 6th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I like Beach Blonde Kelp Help Conditioning mask.
BTW, i trim...well, not often.
Wait, there's a no trim group? Why wasn't *I* informed? I wanna join!

dancingbarefoot
November 9th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I say you should trim when you think your hair needs it. If you don't trim your hair & it still looks great, by all means hold off on trimming.

For deep conditioning, I apply a lot of coconut oil to my hair & let it sit under a heat cap (or warm towel) for about 30 minutes. I melt the coconut oil by floating the bottle in a sinkful of hot water for a few minutes, then slather it on. Works great! :)

Tea Lady
November 10th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Wow, Dancingbarefoot - great hair in that pic!

Tea Lady