Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : What causes more build-up on your hair – oil or cones?

nankipoo
May 2nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I was wondering about this. I find that cones cause more build-up for me. When I wash my hair after a heavy oiling, even if the hair is still greasy afterwards, it still seems less weighed down than if I washed/conditioned with cones.

I’d be interested in hearing everyone’s opinions on this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nankipoo

pookatrina
May 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
'Cones for me. They never seem to want to to come off.

akurah
May 2nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Cones, as well. I can't STAND cone buildup (I can REALLY feel it and it's DRYING!) but oil buildup doesn't bother me.

Wavelength
May 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Cones for me as well. Oil comes off when I CO, but cones don't.

Kanden
May 2nd, 2007, 09:04 AM
I use cones like mad, and I get on fine with them - No buildup whatsoever.

Jadetive
May 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
For me, cones. Oils seem to wash out of my hair very quickly while cones (once applied) stay on and on and on and on..

OhioLisa
May 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
I don't have a problem with cone buildup. Now, too much oil on my ends... crunch crunch. Yuck. Oils do wash out for me pretty easily, though. So I guess I really don't have a problem with either of them. :)

Sassenach
May 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
Definitely cones. My dry and porous hair absorbs most oil; cones just sit there.

XtinaXposed
May 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
i never heard or experienced that oils cause build-up. cones definitely do. cones are not good for my fine hair. one wash with them, and my hair seems greasier, thinner, straighter...

Labs*R*Us
May 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
My hair likes both cones and oils, so it's always a juggling act as to what is needed on any given day. That's why I switch back and forth between cones and non-cones, and oil is my everyday backup.

lucys
May 2nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
For me it depends on the kind of cone. Some are fine on my hair but others make it dry and crunchy almost immediately. Oils, no problem with build up: they wash right out.