Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Monoi oil in stores?

ladiosaRosa
April 23rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know if Monoi oil is available in stores?.....which ones? Thanks all!

lorig713
April 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
I use and love True Blue Spa Miraculous Monoi from Bath & Body Works. :cloud9: :inlove: :cloud9:

ladiosaRosa
April 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
I use and love True Blue Spa Miraculous Monoi from Bath & Body Works. :cloud9: :inlove: :cloud9:

Oh, that's great, lorig713. I think there's a Bath and Body Works in the mall.

Is True Blue pure Monoi?.....is that important, or not?

Thanks for your help.

Shell
April 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
So far, I have only been able to find true monoi oil online, and in one store in Hawaii. Real monoi oil is made from fractionated coconut oil that is scented with flowers. So far, I have only been able to find monoi oil that is mostly almond oil with a bit of coconut oil and scent. I have some of this oil from the Body Shop. It smells nice, but it's not at nice as real monoi oil, in my view.

I would be interested to know if Bath and Body Works has real monoi oil?

coneja
April 24th, 2007, 06:49 AM
They have a monoi oil at the Body Shop too, but I'm not sure if it has other ingredients also.

ladiosaRosa
April 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
So far, I have only been able to find true monoi oil online, and in one store in Hawaii. Real monoi oil is made from fractionated coconut oil that is scented with flowers. So far, I have only been able to find monoi oil that is mostly almond oil with a bit of coconut oil and scent. I have some of this oil from the Body Shop. It smells nice, but it's not at nice as real monoi oil, in my view.

I would be interested to know if Bath and Body Works has real monoi oil?

Shell, it will be awhile before I get to a Body Shop, but when I do, I'll post that information. I was afraid that pure momoi oil was not going to be available in stores :(

Shell
April 24th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Shell, it will be awhile before I get to a Body Shop, but when I do, I'll post that information. I was afraid that pure momoi oil was not going to be available in stores :(

What the Body Shop calls monoi oil is not monoi oil. It's scented almond oil. It does smell good, but doesn't act like real monoi oil. I can't answer for Bath and Body Works, but next time I'm near one, I'll check the ingredients list and post it. I have one bottle of the real thing, and it's quite different from my bottle of Monoi Oil from the Body Shop.

I am seriously considering ordering some directly from the Monoi people.

lorig713
April 24th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Oh, that's great, lorig713. I think there's a Bath and Body Works in the mall.

Is True Blue pure Monoi?.....is that important, or not?

Thanks for your help.

It has a number of oils in it actually. It is light and very little fragrance. I'm not a monoi oil expert, I just know it's been very kind to my hair.

Good luck! :flower:

ladiosaRosa
April 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
It has a number of oils in it actually. It is light and very little fragrance. I'm not a monoi oil expert, I just know it's been very kind to my hair.

Good luck! :flower:

Thank you again, lorig713!

Shell
April 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I just ordered some monoi oil, so I will report back, at least in my journal.