Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Baggage Information Contact #'s

ktani
March 4th, 2007, 07:54 AM
On the 24th of this month, I will be travelling from Toronto to Tucson Arizona.

While I have both Canadian and U.S. websites in a document on my desktop, it took me a while to access the right telephone numbers to ask specific questions re carry on luggage.

In my case - can I take my oversized "bobby pin" that I use to hold my hair up while I shower or wash my face?

And can I take my eyebrow pencil?

The answers - yes to both questions.

Further - only 3oz items or less of liquids or gels are allowed but you can take multiples - if I for example, want to take 2 2oz bottles of sunblock - as long as all such items fit into 1 quart size bag for carry on, it is ok.

"Passengers will be permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at Canadian airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart).
The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger will be permitted."
http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english/events_evenements/uk_ru-2006/notice_avis.shtml

Both of the items I asked about were previously not allowed in carry on luggage just after 911.

So to make things easier for the rest of you who may be travelling soon...

Here are the toll free numbers.

Canadian Baggage Info
Telephone: 1-888-294-2202

American Baggage Info
1-866-289-9673