Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Bird poop on my hair!

PatGear
December 24th, 2006, 07:58 PM
My first new thread, and what an occasion!

How many of you guys has had this happen to you?

I was working outside in the yard today. (This is CA, so it was 60F and sunny.) I normally wear a baseball cap but was too lazy to fiddle with my bun to make it fit. Well, guess what? I was walking and felt something fall on my head (front left, very close to the hairline) and thought. Strange, I'm not under a tree. My husband is in the garage and couldn't have been throwing something at me. What could it be? Then the thought crossed my mind. Noooooo!!!! Good thing it wasn't a very big bird and wasn't terribly difficult to get off with dampened paper towel. I wanted to go wash my hair right away but had more to do outside so I braved it out. I felt gross the whole afternoon though, and it might be psychosomatic but my scalp stings a little bit at that spot. I take it back, it's probably because I rubbed it with the paper towel!

I am very impressed that my husband didn't laugh, at all, :bowtome: even I laughed after I got it off. I don't know if I could've kept a straight face if he got bird poop on his hair. (He went and get a hat affterwards though!!!) :lol:

Now that I washed my hair (CO, but I went over that spot really well, many times) I can feel relaxed again. And that spot still stings a little.

D@&% bird!!! :mad:

dearladydisdain
December 24th, 2006, 08:14 PM
This has happened to me...twice. I have the worst luck ever! One time at the zoo, and one time in a barn. I hate birds sooooo much anyway, and those experiences did not help.

Kudos to your husband for not laughing, though. :lol: I know my family laughed at me, especially my sister. (I also know I laughed at my dad when it happened to him...but he's bald! It doesn't matter so much! :lol: )

Airmide
December 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Haha!! That's horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! I don't think I've ever had a bird poop in my hair that I remember though I did have one poop on a nice silk skirt and I never got the stain out.

Last summer my husband and I were driving down a rural street and saw a HUGE bird so we stopped to take pictures. It was a turkey vulture. It was at the top of a big light pole kinda thing, and just sat there for a while flapping it's wings a little but mostly sitting still as I stood close taking pictures. After a few minutes it had this HUGE projectile poop and I was SOOO thankful I was not standing at the wrong place though I was close! We told my mother in law about it and she said "Oh it's good luck to be pooped on by a bird!"....I think that Turkey vulture would have given me more luck than I could have used in a lifetime!

So despite the grossness, at least you've got good luck now right? hehe

zule
December 24th, 2006, 08:29 PM
My dad used to play the lottery and won $500 once on the day a bird had splatted on his head. Every once in a while he'd get up and say, "I'm going to stand under a tree for a while. See you later." :lol:

embee
December 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Many years ago I was in New York City and a pigeon pooped on my head. What a surprise. How utterly gross. Fortunately a clerk in a nearby store took pity on me and let me use the employee bathroom to wash off the mess. Dang, I've never forgotten that!

Glad it was near your hairline, 'twould have been much more trouble if it had been on the bun, or in the middle of your scalp! (gag, hack, pfthththth)

PatGear
December 24th, 2006, 10:08 PM
dearladydisdain, wow, twice! I feel for you.
Kudos to your husband for not laughing, though. I know my family laughed at me, especially my sister. (I also know I laughed at my dad when it happened to him...but he's bald! It doesn't matter so much! )
Well, when I told him just now that I bragged about him not laughing on LHC, he threatens to call me sh&thead from now on. :lol: Some people just can't take compliments!

Your poor dad! I think it's actually worse (though easier to clean up) when you're bald. The hair filters the "gross factor" somewhat. I was glad that it hit my hair and not my face.

Airmide, bummer about your silk skirt. I also shudder to think what a turkey vulture poop would be like.

zule and Airmide, I'm still waiting for my luck, but only had minor bad ones today. Maybe tomorrow.

embee, it's funny how we remember things like that, isn't it? Even while scrubbing out the poop, I was thinking that the positioning could've been worse. Just an inch more then it would've been on my face. And if it was further back on my head, then I wouldn't have been able to see it to clean.

BBGrrl
December 24th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Back in grade scool I was having a really bad day before the nasty bird got me. I was out helping with something for a school function and it happened, right on the top of my head. I went in got it cleaned up and went back out and dang if that stupid bird didn't circle around and get me again within 5 minutes. This time down my face, hair and shirt. I cryed all the way into the office to get cleaned up a second time. The office ladies held their composure the first time. The second time they cleaned me up they didn't hold back the laughter as well. I still remeber the snorts.

They say being pooped on by a bird is good luck. It was not for me.

trolleypup
December 25th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Been there, done that. Ugh!

Got nailed by a pigeon on my break from work once. Cleaned up a bit in the bathroom, got leave to go home and wash properly.

EwEwEw!!!!

Bloop
December 25th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Wow, a lot of people have gotten hit haven't they? Woudn't have expected that but I guess those birds really are aiming for us. :silly:

Merlin
December 25th, 2006, 01:26 AM
This has only happened to my wife once, and she was wearing a headcovering at the time so her hair was alright. Not that she's a regular headcoverer, but there is one day in a woman's life on which wearing a veil seems right.............

........... yep, it was THAT day :-)

maria_asa
December 25th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Luckily that's never happend to me (and I hope it never will). I just try to stay friendly with the birds...

-Maria

ChloeDharma
December 25th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, i was walking in a park with a friend years ago and a goose crapped on my head and down my jacket....i won't describe my reaction, but it wasn't pretty!

Alley Cat
December 25th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Well in the years 91-93 it used to happen to me all the time . I worked on a barrier reef island called Heron Island as well as Heron birds , there were Noddy Turns 1000's of them and I mean 1000's of them. In summer the trees there were covered . You used to take a risk if you took your dinner tray out of the staff room [ let alone your hair] I always used to put a napkin over mine.
So it would happen constantly especially in the summer months. The worst was getting dressed up for the night to go to the bar and having a nice surprize and having to quickly rinse off [ we never bothered washing constantly as we were all used to it].
My worst ever experience [warning really gross story coming up] was when I was cleaning the outside of a window one day I had my head up and a huge white blob landed smack bang on my face -nose , and mouth . After that day I cleaned windows with an umbrella not caring what anybody thought:rolleyes:

Bloodflower
December 25th, 2006, 03:00 AM
It feels so good to know it happened to so many others as well! :lol: It happened to me a few years ago. It was in the morning and I was on my way to university. When I wanted to enter the tram for the last bit of the way, a pigeon decided to poop on me. It was so gross, it felt like an eagle pooped on me because it really hurt and it was ... so much. Needless to say, I went right back home to wash my hair twice with the harshest shampoo I could find and missed my classes that day.

The way back home was really embarassing because I had to go by train and I was afraid everyone would notice. I phoned a friend at university and my mother to tell them what happened and they both laughed out loud.

A few days later, believe it or not, another pigeon tried to poop on me in exact the same place. It missed and only hit my coat, which was gross but not so gross compared to what had happened before.

dcs60
December 25th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Yup....been there.....had that happen! I was only about 9 yo at the time, but I still have a "fear" of getting pooped on.....though I have also heard it is good luck.

rymorg2
December 25th, 2006, 04:17 AM
OH WOW I'm sorry for all of you! It hasn't happened to me (yet, apparently) but my dachshund this summer was pooped on and we didn't know what it was until later when I saw it all over my car! The bird is apparently fond of berries and the poop was all pink! :rollin:

DaveDecker
December 25th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Many years ago I was in New York City and a pigeon pooped on my head. What a surprise. How utterly gross. Fortunately a clerk in a nearby store took pity on me and let me use the employee bathroom to wash off the mess. Dang, I've never forgotten that!

Many years ago when I lived in New York City, I was walking along a sidewalk when a young woman approached me seeking help removing bird do that had just landed on her head (her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail). Fortunately I had in my pocket an unused tissue and was able to remove all visible traces of it. I assured her that nobody she met would know what happened unless she told them.

PatGear
December 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM
I knew you guys wouldn't fail me! BBGrrl, trolleypup, Merlin, ChloeDharma, Alley Cat, Bloodflower, dcs60, rymorg2, DaveDecker thanks for sharing!

Gotta run out for a 4 hr drive now so I don't have time for a more detailed reply. Sorry.

Angelica
December 25th, 2006, 09:20 AM
It's supposed to be lucky if a bird poos on you or if a dog is sick on you. I don't know why, but that's what I've heard.

aveek
February 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
ugh thats ugly.....had it once when i was visiting a hitorical fort on a vacation. my hotel was like 4 hours drive away. so i had to go to the mens and wash it with soap on the spot. that night was deff shampoo night

epiphanee
February 4th, 2007, 06:01 AM
I had a sparrow poop on my freshly washed hair on the way to my sister's wedding. There was nothing I could do about it so my Mum wiped it off with a tissue.

Anyway, as it happens, the poop was an omen about my sisters marriage........draw your own conclusions!

harley mama
February 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
HAHAHA. I've never had a bird poop on my head. But, I did get splatted by a seagull on the hand on time.. YUCK...

The day my dad was buried, we were sitting out in the back yard at our parents
house. A bird pooped in my mom's hair. We all had a good laugh over it. Even
Mom. It was a welcome relief after such an emotionally stressful day!

PseudoScot
February 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM
:lol: What a funny thread!

A few years ago, when picking apples, I stepped up on the ladder and straight into a freshly pooped on leaf - so it got in my hair that way! Yuck!!! I don't think I've ever been dive-bombed by a bird, though.

One time a friend and I went to a small island on a boat trip - it was nesting season for thousands of birds. Needless to say we took an umbrella just in case and escaped unscathed!

Snowymoon
February 4th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Me. I have been poo-pooed on once. I was on a beach, and a seagull got me on the leg. Quite warm stuff. :silly: Lucky for me, all I had to do was run into the water.

My daughter was pooped on while in our car. No kidding! The window was down. We were at a stoplight, and the poo came in and slapped her on the shoulder and leg right through the open side window. :lol:

nocticula
February 4th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I've been pooped on three times. The birds around here really don't seem to like me. Once in elementary school. The last time was standing in the backyard with my fiancee. There was a huge flock of seagulls circling overhead. Four of them apparently pooped. Funny because of all the places it could've landed it only landed on and next to me and my fiancee.

The worst time was when I was at a friends house. His house had pretty low eves and a couple of swallows had made a nest in one of them. So we were looking at the baby swallows who we didn't know could fly yet. Apparently I scared one because it flew off the eve in a little circle over my head. So I look up and the birds plants a big wet warm poop right on my cheek. Luckily it didn't land in my eye or my mouth.

I think the birds aim, and they seem to think it's a lot of fun.

PatGear
February 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Since this thread got ressurected, I would like to give you guys updates. No, there are no lasting effects on the bird poop itself, but it's been over a month and my husband still occasionally calls me poopy head! He sure made up for not laughing!

Pegasus Marsters
February 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Come on, bird poop is good for you:

http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/nigdrop.html