Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : I dreamt that I cut my hair!

beauxchev
November 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I had a really strange dream last night. I had just showered and had soaking wet hair, and for no reason at all, began cutting it to right above my shoulders. I remember thinking in the dream "I hope this isn't really happening." I also remember having a sinking feeling in my stomach (in the dream), when I realized that I HAD cut it. I woke up right after to find that my hair was still there :)

Has anyone else ever had a dream that they cut their hair short?

azureblue54
November 4th, 2006, 07:24 AM
I had a really strange dream last night. I had just showered and had soaking wet hair, and for no reason at all, began cutting it to right above my shoulders. I remember thinking in the dream "I hope this isn't really happening." I also remember having a sinking feeling in my stomach (in the dream), when I realized that I HAD cut it. I woke up right after to find that my hair was still there :)

Has anyone else ever had a dream that they cut their hair short?
I have dreams like this all the time, and constantly have to check in a mirror to see that it indeed, was a dream. I've got long hair for the first time in my life, and at 52, that's a long time to wait for it.

spidermom
November 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I have those dreams. Most of the time I'm really unhappy about it. But not long ago I had one of those dreams, and I reallyreallyreally liked my new haircut. I was happy to find my own long(ish) hair still on my head when I woke up, though.

Guenever
November 4th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Actually - I had one last night..

My hair had been fried - by Henna or something (strange, I know) and all the strands were broken, totally DRY, halved - like when you cut a firewood (even more strange) and white in the middle O.o
So i had to cut it... aaaaall the way back to the 1-2" I had about 4 years ago..
Of course, just to make things worse, sitting on a roof, letting her hair hang down, my sister's hair was like 10 feet or something! :P (it didn't occur to me, in the dream, that she has bra strap length in real life ;))

THAT was the craziest hair dream I've had for a long time - and yes, id DID wake up to make sure that my hair wasn't gone..

BBGrrl
November 4th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I have never cut my own hair in my dreams. I did have many dreams that my mom snuck into my room while I was sleeping and cut off the majority of my hair. (in the dream) I woke up and had 1 spot that was still long but the rest was sheared to the head.

I had a similar dream about my partner once or twice too.

Gylfi
November 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I've only had one similar dream, and it had to do with my hair all falling out rather than me cutting it. It just vanished and I was distressed, until I woke up!

GlennaGirl
November 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
You should do a Search on "dreams" because there have been other threads on this...you are not alone!

Hair cutting dreams can be symbolic rather than literal. They tell you that you don't trust yourself not to screw something important up. (Sorry for the bad grammar.) At least they do if the dream ends in you being extremely upset/disappointed.

Changing part of your body is the same, subconsciously, as changing a part of your "self" (your personality, your lifestyle, whatever).

alligatorbaby23
November 4th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I had a dream I lost a hunk of hair from my temple. When I woke up, I felt it, then went and checked in the mirror. Nothing gone, but in the dream it just fell out.

beauxchev
November 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM
that's interesting about the symbolism... i've been a little stressed about school and grades lately.. maybe i'm worried i'll fail out of college or something!

cortese
November 4th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I haven't had dreams of cutting it, but I have had dreams of it falling out, thinning, or of bleaching it. *shudder*

dagnytaggart198
November 4th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I had a nightmare once that I was getting a trim and it got cut to a bob. I was so horrified and started crying, but I started pulling at my hair until it was back to the right length.

LusciousG
November 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I've had a whole lot of those dreams throughout my life. They feel like nightmares to me. And--yep!--I always wake up with my hands in my hair, feeling the length with massive relief.

Darian Moone
November 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I've never had a dream of cutting my hair, but I've definitely had dreams multiple times of my hair falling out and going bald. Interestingly, I've also had dreams where my teeth are really lose and start falling out. With both dreams it's always a huge relief to wake up and find myself intact.

I haven't had either of these dreams in a long, long time though. Years. I should see what the dreams are supposed to mean.

Lize
November 7th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah it was such a nightmare! I was SO relieved when I realised that it was only a dream. I kinda woke up sceaming. Waaah! ;)

nowxisxforever
November 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I had a dream the other night wherein my hair was chopped off to about armpit-level too D:

Tea Lady
November 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
It must be something in the air - I had a hair-chopping dream last night too! It was cut to BS level, and I kept looking at it thinking, Why did I cut so much?!! I have been a bit stressed about finances lately, so maybe stress and worry is the cause of hair nightmares.

Tea Lady