Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Girl in Japan attacked and hair cut off!

Alun
July 12th, 2006, 01:25 PM
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20060706p2a00m0na021000c.html

It was less than a week ago, too! It seems the attacker was a woman with a pair of scissors, and the victim was an unrelated small girl. Note that the police are involved.

Curlz&Waves
July 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM
What the ****??? How can anybody do something like that to a small child. I'd like to cut something off of her and it won't be her hair! That poor little girl... I am sure all of us here in LHC would line up to give her some major hugzzzz.

Nightshade
July 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
That's 6 inches!! Why on EARTH would someone to that to a child!

I found it interesting that the assailant left the hair on the ground. She didn't take it, so it wasn't as though she was planning to sell it or something.

Pegasus Marsters
July 12th, 2006, 01:43 PM
WTF?! It even says her mother found the hair on the floor... cutting it off and taking it I could say "creepy fetish" but what the hell was the point of cutting off the girls hair then just leaving it there? (Note, I'm not saying it would have been acceptable if she had taken it, just seems this is even odder)

eiyela
July 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Woah! She just walks up to a random girl and snaps off a bunch of hair?! Dang, that had better be one sick lady for me not to go get some revenge.:silly:

dagonlilly
July 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM
That is horrible! I hate it when people take advantage of little kids. I hope they find the person who done it.

miss_arugula
July 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
When I was in college years ago (80's bad hair decade) there was a guy with a "rat tail" that was quite long. We made fun of him a lot for it, and finally some guy just chopped it off with scissors. I remember the rat tail fellow (real jock type) crying, it was horrible. He taped it up in his locker after that...how very cruel and insensitive. What would posess someone to do this?

Pierre
July 12th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Revolting! Charge her with battery!

Teresa
July 12th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Charge her with battery!

I agree with Pierre

ruirui
July 12th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I think she could be mentally ill or something. Like as a child she wasn't allowed to have long hair, and now that she sees young children with long hair she's jealous and decides to stop them from having long hair too? :silly:

Either way, it's creepy.

Patty lou
July 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM
This world gets worse every day, my DD was lucky to only have her hair pulled by a young bully, but now his parents refer to both my girls as "Rebecca's of Donny Brook Farms"

Patty lou

okie_red_rose
July 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM
That is so awful and horrifying. I can't imagine if some one just came up cut off my hair. I once had a lady come up to me in the grocery store and tell me that I should give my hair to someone who had lost her hair to cancer. The lady was really rude, but at least she didn't come at me with a pair of scissors. That poor little girl must be so traumatized. I wish there was a way we could offer her our sympathy.

Celogrl
July 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Oh man...something like that can mar a person for life. How cruel. I hope they catch the sick so and so who did this. Poor little girl- my heart goes out to her.

mlsnts
July 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Now that's weird.... o.o

snowbear
July 12th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Ew! Way creepy, and a little girl, to boot! EW!

lissomllama
July 12th, 2006, 07:37 PM
That is like the dumbest thing I've ever would. What kind of a$$hat randomly goes around cutting people's hair off for no damn reason???! It doesn't matter that she was 'just a little girl', that would be traumatizing for anyone who loved their hair. It's not like the psycho wanted the hair because she left it on the ground. what an idiot.

Shermie Girl
July 12th, 2006, 07:39 PM
That is just sickening. The poor little girl. She must be so traumatized. I hope that the police catch the woman who did this.

kissme
July 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
ugg.. how terrible. i remember a friend of my sis who used to threaten to snip my waist long hair away. that was when i'm 8. ever since, i got so traumatise by it that i'd burst into tears whenever i saw him.

poor girl. her experience is much more dreadful than mine. hope she gets over it soon.

SunriseSunsetApril
July 12th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I remember reading a news story last year that said a male Japanese high school teacher came up behind one of his female students and cut off her ponytail. I think he was severely reprimanded by the school and that was it.

It's different here in Japan... :sick:

pennylane
July 13th, 2006, 12:38 AM
What a horrible thing to do!!! I feel sorry for that poor little girl... Can you imagine if the deranged woman had had a go for the nose or an earlobe? All considered that child didn't do so bad.... (bad yes, but it could had been much worse, don't you think?) Ah well!!!! these are the times we are living in.

eiyela
July 13th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Revolting! Charge her with battery!

Pierre, there is a major pun hiding in there, and I find it hilarious.:silly:

Pegasus Marsters
July 13th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Pierre, there is a major pun hiding in there, and I find it hilarious.:silly:

I have to agree, although I'm not sure Pierre meant to pun in this thread. :silly:

Emichiee
July 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Its pretty unusual for a girl in 2nd grade el. school to have really long hair.
At some schools they tell you how to wear your hair and often not longer than shoulder.
But thats old fashion and nowadays you see young girls with long hair or even hair down (at some schools you have to braid it or put it up)
Some older people dont like the fact that the rules loosen up. Maybe that woman was one of them..well a very creepy one..0_0

still...poor girl

Pierre
July 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Yes I meant to pun, and I also meant what I said literally. And I hope she is amply punished.

Alun
July 14th, 2006, 04:49 PM
The article does say that she would be charged with something similar under Japanese law - if the police can find her.

I think the theory about a grumpy old woman who doesn't want school uniform rules relaxed is probably the right one, but she still deserves what she gets if the police catch her.

AFAIK cutting off someone's hair without their permission is a criminal offence pretty much anywhere, and cause for a civil action as well. It's really not considered to be much different from beating you up.

I forgot to comment on the other case, the one in a school over there. As far as that goes I suspect that the school would do anything they could to keep the teacher from being prosecuted, and the pupils would think twice before reporting an adult to the police. Unfortunately I think that many schools tend to think that everything can be handled through internal discipline, even criminal offences, and not just in Japan, which I have no experience of. That was a common attitiude in the UK where I grew up.

eucalyptus
July 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM
That is a repulsive story. I feel so bad for the little girl. I really hope they catch that woman.

lyonesse sióg
July 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
that is sick. very sick. if someone cut 6 inches off my hair, I'd probably faint in shock.

and then I'd want revenge. :hatchet:

it reminds me of something that happened to me when I was younger. I had waist-length hair when I was about six, and I loved it. Of course, being a six-year-old, I didn't know how to take care of it, so my mom used to do it for me. I had a very tender head and a *cough* slight tendency to be dramatic. so one day, my mom took me to have a "couple inches" off. I came back with hair to my chin, sobbing hysterically.
for years I thought it was that Yolanda (the haircutter) had done this on purpose.

my mom told her to do it.

so I feel for this little girl. at least my hair wasn't chopped cruelly and randomly in the street by a severely disturbed woman with scissors. I hope that woman has short splitting hair for the rest of her life.

BorknagElf
July 15th, 2006, 01:16 AM
That's so terrible! I hope they catch the jerk who did that to the poor girl. I remember when I was a little girl, I used to always cut the hair off of my barbie dolls (a la Cynthia from Rugrats), and my mother would always get so angry at me for it. So one day she chased me with scissors into a corner and threatened to do the same to my hair (it was tailbone length). I still remember how violated I felt, and still get paranoid about my hair being cut off, and I'm always having nightmares about someone cutting it/pulling it and it ripping out. *shivers* I think that alot of people underestimate how emotionally attached we are to our hair, it's like having an appendage removed.

lissomllama
July 15th, 2006, 01:54 AM
I have to agree, although I'm not sure Pierre meant to pun in this thread. :silly:

Lol, the first thing I thought when I read it was: "hmm.......what a strange way to say 'electrocute her'. " :lol:

naj
July 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM
That is unreasonable behaviour. Why cut someone hair, whom you even dont know. God save us from such creatures. Gives me the shivers....
That little girl must have been so horrified. I hope she is caught soon.
Naj

Barb
July 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Hmmm, the idea that the attacker had a grudge against more relaxed societal customs is intriguing, and could very well be correct.

Since the attacker was in her 30's (am I correct in that?) I think it's more likely she was mentally unbalanced - paranoid-schizophrenic, schizoid-personality disorder, etc. While in a state of active psychosis, a person suffering from delusional thinking can do any number of things to others (or themselves) they would never do while rational.

While my heart goes out to that little girl, who must've been terrified, I think she's lucky to have escaped with nothing more than a really bad haircut. It could have been much, much worse.

I hope the police find the woman soon, both for the safety of others, and for her own personal welfare.

steficurls
July 16th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Oh my gosh. That is so weird. :crazyq: :bigeyes:

knee nuh
July 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
that's so awful, who does that?
I'd pretty much be scarred for the rest of my life

Celtic-Princess
July 17th, 2006, 02:05 AM
That is such a sick thing to do! poor baby! i agree with pierre, batery is the least of the charges....how about mental abuse? and physical abuse? and whatever else can be charged on that sicko!

I understand cutting and stealing, bad mental pic but i understand jelousy. but simply cutting and leaving on the ground? that is more than mentally ill, it's truly evil.

Celtic Princess

Bunning now more than ever! don't want to have my pretty hair cut off. it's one of the few pretty things i have......sigh!

TheWNTWGirl
July 17th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Wow....that's just sick.

I had a friend tell me that when she was in high school, there was another student who was jealous of her hair and eventually, the girl came up behind her and took a scissors and cut off a big chunk out of her hair. I don't remember if she said what happened to the girl who did it, but my friend was really upset by what happened.

pokerstraight
July 17th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I remember when I was a kid there was a story in the paper about a little girl with very long hair who was playing on the street and somebody said "hey, little girl, can I have your hair?"

Some days after that, she was grabbed and somebody cut her hair off.

Can you imagine how her family felt when she ran home!

J

DreamerTheresa
July 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM
That's so sad. :(
I'm paranoid someone would do that to me.