Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Seaweed and hair growth :)

Basketcase
June 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
i read in a fashion magazine about ways to help grow out your hair and one of the suggestions was eating seaweed as it stimulates something that helps grow thick hair (i wish i remember what it was exactly). thankfully i love sushi (cali rolls which are wrapped in seaweed) and so i started eating lots of it, at my local supermarket they sell fresh sushi and it is actually reaaly really good!! and so i ate about 1-2 servings a day for a couple of weeks and i didnt really notice or pay atytention at the time because i was just enjoying my sushi lol but when i went to get my hair trimmed 2 days ago, the girl was amazed at low much my hair grew since my last trim! and im thinking that maybe it had to do with the sushi...so first thing tomorrow i am off to pick some up! :) i just thought id share my discovery with all of you incase any of you are sushi fans :flowers:

Flaxen
June 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, we used to have seaweed discussions around here, once in a while.:smile:

Seaweed and hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=530).

Seaweed=longer hair? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12819)

AngelinaDiva2004
June 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Big sushi fan here, that is great news!

ruirui
June 30th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I was looking for hair supplements the other time and I saw that some of them have seaweed too. :smile:

Fireweed
July 1st, 2006, 06:58 AM
I know of hair and skin products that have seaweed in them. I have not thought about eating it too.

NightingaleLHC
July 1st, 2006, 08:05 AM
oo thats so wonderful! I bought kelp supplements a while ago but have not been good about taking them, so now I def get back on that boat. yum sushi!

Geloe
July 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM
You can make a great soup with dried wakame too. I didn't like the one with fish broth powder (miso), but it's good with egg noodles and chicken broth. Watch out it really expands a lot! I do like the miso soup when I go get sushi with my older son, but mine didn't taste the same.

Dianyla
July 1st, 2006, 10:40 PM
You can make a great soup with dried wakame too. I didn't like the one with fish broth powder (miso), but it's good with egg noodles and chicken broth. Watch out it really expands a lot! I do like the miso soup when I go get sushi with my older son, but mine didn't taste the same.
Miso paste is from fermented soy beans, and usually doesn't contain fish.

cichlid
July 2nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
Maybe I should start eating the sushi people's seaweed salad when at work. Yeah...we have a sushi part of the store I work at...made fresh too and they will make whatever I want.:razz:

Rosetta
July 2nd, 2006, 04:57 AM
Wow, I'm happy to hear that seaweed increases hair growth - just bought a pack of Nori from a health food shop recently, now there's even more incentive to use it!

Geloe
July 2nd, 2006, 12:11 PM
Miso paste is from fermented soy beans, and usually doesn't contain fish.
Sorry for the confusion. My miso soup recipe calls for 1 tsp of dashi-no-moto which is a fish powder. Got them confused. Also I checked my cookbook and wakame is actually an algae so I'm not sure if it would convey the same benefits as seaweed. It is very tasty.

MagieNoire
July 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Hi, another opinion here. I found that Kelp made my hair grow also. I should go back to taking it - don't know why I stopped. Kelp, algae, seaweed are great for the skin as masks. The mouse mask that i used stopped production and I've not found another yet.

DarkIvy
July 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Wow... I should look into a seaweed or kelp supplement. Who knew?

I'm thankful that my boyfriend's mom puts seaweed in lots of stuff, then insists that I eat more :)

Tsuyu
July 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Seaweed? Thats cool. Did they say if it was better to have supplement or the real seaweed.

And oh... I love sushi too. Now I have added incentive to eat sushi. =)

DarkIvy
July 2nd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Seaweed? Thats cool. Did they say if it was better to have supplement or the real seaweed.

And oh... I love sushi too. Now I have added incentive to eat sushi. =)

Dude, I don't know about you, but I don't NEED any more incintive. My wallet can't handle my obsession as is, lol.