Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : cut 6 inches

funnybunny668
April 18th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yep, you read that correctly. About 2 weeks ago I cut 6 inches off my hair. You can see my new pic in avatar (in the pink shirt) and my old pic in my profile (in the green shirt).

Why did I do it? Well, I'd considered it for a while, mostly because although I enjoyed my length, I was getting annoyed with the condition of my hair. Repeated chemical treatments (read...hair color!) had it very dry and tangly with lots of split ends. Every time I washed my hair I was just ready to give up on it, it was such a mess. I always ran out of hot water on wash days (that's a 30 gallon hot water heater). I wanted to grow out my chemical hair color, as well as my bangs, but I just couldn't see myself accomplishing that in the condition that my hair was in. Also, I didn't want to have an obvious "ring" around my head where my chemical color ended and my natural color began.

So I cut it. I called the girl who had trimmed my hair for me and done my color before, and told I wanted to cut quite a bit off my hair, but we'd better do it quick before I chickened out, LOL. :lol: She was very good with my hair, made sure I REALLY wanted to cut it, and then did a great job.

I'm happy I did it. Oh sure, I miss that length and the weight of that hair that's gone, but it does feel a lot softer now. I can tell that a lot of the damaged hair is gone. I still have a lot of chemical color to grow out, but I feel that I can handle it now, it's an attainable goal. So I'm happpy with it. :flowers:

Atlantia
April 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Wow, congrats to you for having the guts to get rid of it in one big chop. Are you sure it was 6 inches, it looks like a lot more than that from the pictures. Now you can take good care of your hair for the next year, and by next April, you'll have a glorious long mane.

Willswalk
April 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
If this makes you happy than go for it:rockerdud . It is better to be happy with short hair than unhappy with long hair. Also your lucky that you have such a considerate stylist, hold onto her she's a keeper.

SchnauzerMom
April 18th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Your hair looks really good. Now you can grow it out and it will be healthy.

cichlid
April 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Now on to healthy long hair. :grin:

GoddessLocks
April 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Im glad you like it. That was a reason I had cut my hair in the past...it was so "straw like" and "ratty".

GoddessLocks
April 18th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Oh...and I forgot to add.....your hair looks great! :grin:

Teacherbear
April 18th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I think your hair looks GREAT! I'm glad you are happy about it . . . and it has stood the test of some time - two weeks post-cut and you are still happy. That's a good sign (for me . . . I'm about to cut some length too - really).

spidermom
April 18th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Good for you! It looks great. It's not much fun to fight with your hair every day, is it? That's why I cut 5 inches last year. My hair has been so much easier to deal with since then, and 3" of length is back already (in 5 months).

funnybunny668
April 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the support! It's good to know that everyone is behind you when you make a big decision like that, you know? My BF has been very supportive of me, too. He says my hair is beautiful at any length. :) When I showed it to my mom, her first words were "oh, it's still long! I thought you meant you'd cut it SHORT!" I think she was relieved that it wasn't THAT short, LOL.

Love My Cop
April 18th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Wow, that was a big chop, and it does look really nice now. Im sure it will grow back healthy and beautiful, and you will be very happy with it. Good luck. Im sure it took a lot of courage to do that, especially when you are trying to grow it and not cut.

granitbaby
April 18th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Your hair looks GREAT!
Im also thinking about cutting off a few inches. Im reailly tired of my layers (stupid, stupid layers) and you have given me a little moore courage to finally cut them off.

MerryKat
April 19th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Your hair looks lovely and you will have your 6 inches back before you can believe it.

I did much the same a couple of months ago and it was still the best thing I have done for my hair in ages.

Alley Cat
April 19th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Looking good your a brave one I too have tussled with the idea of chopping damage out but not as brave or don't really want to , but yours looks great. Happy growing out now.:razz:

Lillebi
April 19th, 2006, 01:53 AM
I've done that before, and while it may seem like a major big deal to you now, you'll soon find it's really not. Six months make an enormous difference in length when you hair is at this rather short length you have now (speaking in LHC terms - for everyone else out there your hair is still long right now). And they pass so fast, they'll be over before you know it, and you'll have much longer looking and feeling hair again. PLUS you'll have very healthy hair. Really, I don't think it's a big deal if you wanted it and did it for good reasons. I guess, it's different if someone cuts off so much for psychological reasons or because he/she is pressured into it and regrets it bitterly afterwards. But in your case, you go girl!!!!!!!!!

Laululintu
April 19th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Your hair looks stunning :grin: I'm glad you're happy with your decision.