Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : how TLHC set my mind free :-)

Herbatka
April 14th, 2006, 10:36 AM
There is a famous professor of botanic in Poland - Mr. Tolpa. He devoted his work to research of peat and a fossil peat mud and sales medicaments based on it and even has got an own cosmetic line. I know from personal experience that peat mud is an awsome stuff, so I was more than happy to find out, that Tolpa makes also 3 types of shampoo. It was supposed to be full of minerals and good stuff from peat mud and other plant based ingredients, but I couldn't find the actual ingredient list in Internet, so I went to a local Tolpa's shop to find out. There was a very nice saleslady there and when I asked about the shampoo she started to talk and talk about it and how good it is and what ingredients it has got in it and how to apply it etc. She was very informative and helpful and normally I would buy the shampoo, I guess - but today all I saw was the ingredients list on the shampoo bottle with Sodium Laureth Sulfate on the first place and a couple of parabens, too. Yes, the shampoo had some good stuff in it and the sales lady made her best but I was completely immune against her marketing talk. And why? Thanks to TLHC and its collective wisdom.:bowtome:
Herbi

Shermie Girl
April 14th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Good for you! :smile:
I also love the hair education I have received here.

Emichiee
April 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM
very good but about the sulfate- I havent found a sulfate free shampoo that works for me yet..
Still since Im a little more educated I can at least avoid cones and actually know whats inside the bottle^^

Herbatka
April 14th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Emichiee, I use Logona and am quite happy with it, the problem is it's pricy in Poland and I hoped to find something cheaper. It seems almost impossible to find a good sulfate free shampoo with a reasonable price in Poland.
Herbi

MadPirateBippy
April 14th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yay! Education has made you immune to hype. That's so cool.

DarkIvy
April 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM
very good but about the sulfate- I havent found a sulfate free shampoo that works for me yet..
Still since Im a little more educated I can at least avoid cones and actually know whats inside the bottle^^

You and me both. I HAVE to use sulfates every once and a while, otherwise my scalp just goes nuts and itches like crazy.

Milena
April 14th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Good for you being immune to the talk of a salesperson! However, I don't think sulfates need to be branded as evil... nor do cones (which I personally don't like). To my knowledge, Sodium Laureth Sulfate is at least the mildest of the sulfates, and not all people have a problem with sulfates per se... I have been using a shampoo with Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, which is supposedly harsher than that, for years now, and so far my hair and scalp are very happy (of course I don't have really long hair). I tend to have a build-up problem from conditioners (even without cones, and I don't use styling products), so sulfate-free shampoos don't work for me.
But I agree that general education about what is in cosmetic products is very useful!

eucalyptus
April 14th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I haven't tried a sulfate free shampoo yet. Can you get it at a grocery/pharmacy/whatever, or do you have to get it at a health food store?

Nightshade
April 14th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I haven't tried a sulfate free shampoo yet. Can you get it at a grocery/pharmacy/whatever, or do you have to get it at a health food store?

I find that my co-op in town has a great selection of them. Aubry Organics has several, Avalon Organics (I think), has a few, and I use J/A/S/O/N products which are sulfate and paraben free. Also not tested on animals :inlove:

Herbatka
April 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Good for you being immune to the talk of a salesperson! However, I don't think sulfates need to be branded as evil... nor do cones (which I personally don't like). To my knowledge, Sodium Laureth Sulfate is at least the mildest of the sulfates, and not all people have a problem with sulfates per se... I have been using a shampoo with Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, which is supposedly harsher than that, for years now, and so far my hair and scalp are very happy (of course I don't have really long hair). I tend to have a build-up problem from conditioners (even without cones, and I don't use styling products), so sulfate-free shampoos don't work for me.
But I agree that general education about what is in cosmetic products is very useful!

Yes I know, but my hair seems to respond badly to sulfates - it falls out a lot, when I stopped using sulfate shampoos my shedding decreased significantlly, so I avoid sulfate shampoos or try to buy ones with sulfates at the end of the indredient list.
Herbi