Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Long-haired Boyfriend

t-oki
January 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
So, my boyfriend has longer hair than I do. Much longer (I'm at 24" and his is apx. 36"). Also, thicker (I'm superfine, around 2" and his is around 4") What to do! Is it weird being a couple with so much hair? I planned on growing mine to my waist. Should I let him be the hairy one? Am I maybe over-analyzing???

Input please, thanks.

HairColoredHair
January 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
:lol: No, not weird. There's many long haired couples on here, and I'd love to date a guy with hair longer than mine. Then I could play with it! :D

t-oki
January 2nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
:lol: No, not weird. There's many long haired couples on here, and I'd love to date a guy with hair longer than mine. Then I could play with it! :D

Haha, I do!
He gets mad when I braid it though.

But seriously, his hair makes mine feel inadequate, it's almost enough to make me want to chop all my "fairy hair" off into a super butch cut. I know that saying that on here is like threatening to commit suicide, but I mean it.

rivka
January 2nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
I dated a guy with hair longer than mine. Not an issue.
The only frustrating part about dating a guy with long hair is that their hair grows faster. It just does. They won't do anything to it, torture it, not care, and it will still grow like a weed. V. frustrating. If you can live with the frustration that his hair will always be better than yours, then you're all set. :)

Alley Cat
January 2nd, 2006, 03:29 PM
No I don't think it's strange at all, he can help you in your long hair adventures you could do it together hey. :thumbsup:

Faerie_Princess
January 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
t-oki, it's okay. I don't think you should worry at all. It's not weird being a long-haired couple. It's not even weird to be a bald-headed couple. You're together because you love eachother, right? Just grow your hair to whatever length makes you happy.

t-oki
January 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
t-oki, it's okay. I don't think you should worry at all. It's not weird being a long-haired couple. It's not even weird to be a bald-headed couple. You're together because you love eachother, right? Just grow your hair to whatever length makes you happy.

Aww, this is the sweetest reply possible. Okay, I'm not concerned anymore :) Thanks.

MariaAZ
Not weird at all. DH's hair has about 2" on mine. Six months ago he finally let me measure his hair; it was 24", same as mine. Slow lengthening (due to breakage) and a 1" trim in November later, I have a bit less than 25" and he has 27" (grumble grumble). He's had long hair before, though not quite as long as it is now. DH doesn't have a firm length goal, though he's indicated he doesn't want to go much beyond lower back (above waist).

Clare-Dragonfly
Get him to sign up for LHC! :D

Wavelength
January 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Nah, not weird at all. My BF has longer hair than I do. His hair is finer and wavier than mine, and ends in these beautiful bottle-curls of which I'm completely jealous. He didn't know how to take care of it before he met me (never even used conditioner), so he's just learning now. He lets me braid it for him and says he prefers it that way because it doesn't tangle so much. He's having a hard time learning to self-braid his own hair though. I really should get a pic of his hair up here sometime.

t-oki
January 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Get him to sign up for LHC! :D

He doesn't really dig the internet, but I might post pictures sometime.

hannerbearr
January 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
My boyfriend used to have longer hair than me, but he cut his and I quit cutting mine. I used to be self-conscious about how we looked together, but once we got closer, I realized that I wouldn't care if he turned green, much less how long his hair was.

MariaAZ
January 2nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
These are DH's before & after henna pics, about 2 inches ago (he's tall; 27" on him is between shoulderblades.) *Sigh* I can only WISH for such thick hair...

http://members.cox.net/audelaaz/lcompare.jpg

getoffmyskittle
January 2nd, 2006, 05:16 PM
The only frustrating part about dating a guy with long hair is that their hair grows faster. It just does. They won't do anything to it, torture it, not care, and it will still grow like a weed.

That's not true at all. I have a guy friend with wonderful long hair, but mine grows faster than his. We don't date, but I don't see how that changes anything. :?

To the OP: I don't see what's wrong with it. Would you break up with him if we told you that it was weird and freaky to be dating a guy with longer hair than you? I hope not. Hair is really just hair, and in things like this, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. :grin:

nick11082001
January 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
i think its pretty cool to be a long haired couple, my gf and i both have long hair, mine is nearly waist length, but unlike many commments ive read on here, I love to take care of my hair. my gf's hair is down to about her middle back. i absolutely love it when she does anythign to my hair, braid brush play with ANYTHIGN. we both absolutely LOVE to wash each other's hair!