Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Variation on Cobra Coil...Rossetti Knot

Lady Indil
June 24th, 2003, 05:40 PM
I'm glad the braiding instructions were fairly clear.
Sorry, Smiles, I cannot post any pictures. I don't have any of my hair nor do I have a camera Nor do I have anyone to take pictures for me. Lonely is Shalott. :( I searched the web and some favorite braiding haunts for pictures of the Cobra but none could I find. Try to imagine an insideout French braid on the side of your head without any strands securing the top of the braid. Hmmm. I'm no help. Almare, do you know of any pics of Cobra braids on line?
Pixna, perhaps you might try this coil: put hair in ponytail; divide into two long sections, make a two strand rope, gently wrap the rope around the pony stem and pin. The effect is what I call a "Cinnamon Bun."
A difficult but very rewarding variation on the Cobra Coil is the Rossetti Knot. (Someone asked for a variation, but I forgot who now that I'm typing :oops:)
Divide hair into three sections: two long sections over either shoulder for a Cobra Braid, a third hanging down the back for a simple braid. After weaving Cobra Braids on either side of head, and simple down the back, gently coil up the simple braid on the middle of the back of the head. Secure with a few pins. Then take one Cobra and wrapt it around the coiled simple braid. Pin. Wrapt other Cobra around and pin. This is an incredibly elegant updo and looks great with hair crystals, a stick, etc.
Another splendid variation is the Rossetti Rose which is the same as the Rossetti Knot but with reversed rose stems on either side of the head and a two strand rope down the back.
Okay. Pheew. Enough variations for now. But I've got more to share if anyone's ever interested. Hair weaving is a passion of mine and I'm always happy to share and to learn. :) --Lady Indil

Madeleine
June 25th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Oh, that sounds incredibly beautiful, Lady Indil ... I wish I didn't suck as bad at braided buns (and sectioning into different braids is out of the question cause my hair is so thin). I'm currently experimenting with braiding ribbons and strings of pearls into the styles to gain some thickness, but I still have a lot to learn. Your descriptions are quite an inspriration, I even love the names of those updos :)

Pixna
June 25th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Thank you, Lady Indil, for the wonderful suggestion!!! :D