Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Blowfry ?

Mojavewolf
December 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Ok ..Sometimes I need to wash my hair in the morning for it to look ok..I have to blowfry..Is it ok if I only do it once in a great while ? Maybe 4 times a year? Will it hurt? :(

hairobsession
December 6th, 2005, 05:35 PM
If you only do it once in a while, I guess it's okay. But don't blowfry it too much!

justgreen
December 6th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I occaisionally use my blow dryer....on medium , and only where my hair is the thickest and takes the longest to dry. I rarely let it blow on my ends, but i still put a drop of jojoba on them anyway. I use the BD maybe 2 times a month. Just make sure you are protecting your fragile ends and I think you'll be fine.
Your hair is gorgeous, btw!8)

Elbereth
December 6th, 2005, 11:35 PM
The damage on hair is cumulative: once hair is damaged, it won't repair itself over time.

This being said, if you blowdry only seldom, though it may damage hair, the damage cumulates more slowly.

There are also things you can do to protect the hair when you blowdry. The heat is what makes blowdrying damaging, so if you avoid too much heat, you can eliminate damage. Use a cool setting if possible (never use hottest setting), use a diffuser if possible, move the dryer around when you use it so that it doesn't heat same spot too much, don't bring the dryer too close to your hair.

HTH :flower: