Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Are Foam/Sponge Rollers Bad?

kc
June 9th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Hi Everyone - I am trying to find a healthy way to curl my hair. I am really trying to get away from using hot rollers, but so far, have not found an alternative. I did try the Caruso steam rollers and when I took them out, the curl looked pretty good. Well, less than any hour later all my curls were gone, so that was a waste of money. I have thought about putting sponge rollers in my hair while it still damp and then sleeping in them. Does anyone know if these are damaging in any way to your hair? I had read somewhere before that they can draw moisture out of your hair (not quite sure how). Does anyone know if this is true or not OR can you give me some ideas on how to create a healthy curl without damaging my hair. Thanks in advance!

Cowgal
June 9th, 2003, 05:40 AM
I read that too, that the sponge curlers dry out hair. It was on LHL. I dunno if I believe that... I've used them alot and never seemed to have any trouble.

Aaaaaanyhow, hopefully someone (like morgebabe... you could see if her website is listed under the "www" button on her posts, she has directions on her site) will tell you about the "victoria secret" curls. I've never done them, but they work good for others. It's like making small buns all over your head, and then when you unwrap the buns, you've got lots of curls, waves...

DweamGoiL
June 9th, 2003, 07:38 AM
and when I have used them (mostly in the Summer), I really like the way my hair comes out. I don't think they are damaging at all and are comfy to sleep in.

The only thing is to be careful taking them out, but I think this is true for anything you place in your hair.

morguebabe
June 9th, 2003, 10:23 AM
OO val thanks!
www.geocities.com/brassygirl13/howto

I'm added more I'm sorta all thumbs but I do a few cool things.

You could try old fashion rag or pin curls.