Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Since joining LHC ...

rawtoast
September 28th, 2005, 08:46 AM
... I notice that I've begun noticing people's hair more and appreciating it. I don't just mean the ladies here who have such awesome hair, I mean random people I meet daily in real life.

For example, yesterday I was sitting outside under the canopy at work on break with about three dozen other people, and like I usually do I was people-watching.

And I would do what I always do if I see someone with lovely hair, I would admire it in my head and wish my hair was like theirs.

But I found myself almost studying peoples' hair! :lol: For example, saying to myself that someone whose hair I was just coveting probably has 1aFi hair type and even if I like it my hair won't ever be 1a F. Just being really aware peoples' hair. It's weird

Am I just crazy, or do other people here do this too? :oops:

SmallVoice
September 28th, 2005, 08:52 AM
YES!!! I find myself doing the same thing!!!!

This morning, I was getting my coffee and I was completely lost in looking at someone's hair...I didn't even realize she was a friend of mine.

I think it's a wacky thing, but it helps to see beauty where you normally might not look.

Jessica Trapp
September 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Am I just crazy, or do other people here do this too? :oops:

LOL! If you're crazy, so am I. :grin:

jes

MusicLady
September 28th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I'm a lot more aware of other people's hair than I used to be. I've even got DH doing it! Sitting in a restaurant, and he'll go "Hey, look at the long hair over there!". I'm so blessed he goes along with me and doesn't think I'm a nut case!

Cowgal
September 28th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Oh of course! I find that I have this *appreciation* for hair now that never existed before.

Pre-LHC I would see long hair on some lady and be jealous sometimes. Now I see great long hair and think "Wow! Great long hair! It's so pretty... I wonder if she hangs out at LHC... maybe I should go talk to her..." :smirk:

I've learned to love my own hair and be happy for others when they have beautiful hair too. :heart:

LHC is good for the soul.

rawtoast
September 28th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Now I see great long hair and think "Wow! Great long hair! It's so pretty... I wonder if she hangs out at LHC... maybe I should go talk to her..." :smirk:
Yes! I have found myself thinking that too, and squinting at the backs of peoples' heads and trying to see if they look familiar :suspect: lol!

Garnet66
September 28th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, I do the exact same thing. Sometimes I even wonder if they're a member or if they've lurked here. I see so much beautiful hair here.

Cowgal
September 28th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Yes! I have found myself thinking that too, and squinting at the backs of peoples' heads and trying to see if they look familiar :suspect: lol!

I think it'd be soooooooooo much fun to run into someone from the boards. Or if a lurker recognized me (female or non creepy male that is, if it was a "creeper" I'd have to kick his butt and then tell ya'll about it).

I keep seeing this lady out jogging with long blonde hair (at least to waist) and it's always LOOSE and perfectly behaved as she runs... I wonder if she lurks here. Either that or she is just one of those lucky ones that figured out on her own how to have good hair. Apparently I wasn't smart enough to figure it out on my own. LOL. I did all the wrong things right. And all the right things wrong!

catapia
September 28th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Me too! Me too! *raises hand*

I totally notice hair now more than I used to. Before LHC it seemed I only noticed really long (waist length+ to me) hair, and now I notice any length of hair, and what type of condition it's in. Long hair still turns my head, but so does healthy hair, or overly fried hair. Sometimes it's all I can do to stop myself from telling people what they should do with it to make it better ( the curse of the well informed :rolleyes: :grin: ).

I know someone that has shoulder length, naturally red, frizzy hair, and I just want to tell her she should try CO, and using oils, and maybe she'd have some pretty waves...But, it's not my place to do so, so I do not. If someone asks though, I am nothing short of happy to tell them my ideas and what I've learned from all of you beautiful people :flowers:

KarenLynn
September 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I also notice hair more than I did before. I seem to check out every head of hair I pass all day. You know you are obsessed when... a person's hair is the very first thing you notice. One of these days I'm sure I'll end up describing some person as "oh, a lovely 1b, probably ii, around 30 inches, a beautiful honey blonde" :lol:

As for wanting to help people - I really want to give one of my teachers a big bottle of conditioner. Her hair looks like it would just drink it up. Still, unless someone actually asks, I'm not saying anything.

Pierre
September 28th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah, I look at someone in church and think "She's 2a", or a girl and think "That's a pretty head of 3c", or notice that someone's hair has lots of fine color variations - and some of the men have hair so short I can't see what type it is and wish they'd grow it a little bit longer.

cuellarqueen
September 29th, 2005, 03:32 AM
I am a server @ the IHOP in Manassas right now.and I ahve actually walked up to a few guests (that were not mine) and told them how beautiful their hair is-and have given them this hairsite!!!!!! Talking about CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Beth @ IHOP I go by a diffrent name....my first one.... :_

Carolyn
September 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Sure I do it all the time! :silly: I call it "hair watching" instead of people watching. I mentally type the hair and critique (silently of course) what I would do if it were my hair. I've wondered too if I've ever seen a LHCer when I've been out somewhere. It would be so cool to recognize someone from here. Someone posted once about that happening.

jel
September 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah, I look at someone in church and think "She's 2a", or a girl and think "That's a pretty head of 3c".

Me too! Me too! And to think I only learnt about the hair classification a couple of months ago...

Flaxen
September 29th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Oh, you are sooo not alone!:lol: I remember the first time catching myself typing people's hair while waiting in line at the grocery store and thinking, "Hooked on the long hair board, are we?!"

Netra
September 29th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I've always been a people watcher, clothes, shoes, jewelry and HAIR. I've always enjoyed checking out hair styles. I even keep a file of hairstyles that I like that I've torn from magazines, mostly all long hair. Since joining LHC I look at other peoples hair differently. It's not so much the style anymore as it is the overall condtion of the hair. Now that I have a better understanding of what it takes to have long, healthy, beautiful hair I feel compelled to approach them and tell them how wonderful their hair looks. That kind of great hair is really an accomplishment. But will they think me strange if I ask to touch it? Kidding of course!

Lady_Evalyn
September 29th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Yes. When I was dancing in a bellydance show the other night, Rocking the Casba, I saw a dancer in the dressing room. First time I got a glimpse of her was from behind, so I had a great view of her hair. It was classic length, red (looked like henna maybe), lightly waved, and loose. She had the yarn things tied in at a few spots. It was very pretty. I was tempted to ask if she was a member here, but I didn't, and never had a chance to speak with her. Ah well...

Alley
September 29th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I've only been here days, and I've started noticing this too! I'llb e working and notice that someone nearby has beautiful hair. I also keep thinking about my friends hair and wondering what it would be like if they started taking care of their hair the LHC way. =o)

DMARTINEZ
September 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Ive always been a hair person, but now I notice more....condition,colors,etc
Just today I had a hospital apt and in the waiting area there was an older
lady with beautiful french twisted SILVER hair. I wanted to go up to her so
bad and say it was lovely, but....didint. Oh well, I admired it from afar! :)
Deb

dlewis
September 30th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I find myself complimenting people a lot on their hair. Not just long hair sometimes long but mostly healthy beautiful hair.

I also notice when I'm in the shampoo section of the store I notice what other people are buying and I often think she should not use that on that hair.

Herbatka
September 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Count me in :smile: I "suffer" from the same madness :wink:
Herbi