Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Anyone tried Selleca Shine?

Ghaziya
May 16th, 2003, 08:56 AM
I was hanging out in the shampoo aisle at CVS today, waiting for a prescription, and came across Selleca Shine, Connie Selleca's new hair line. At first I dismissed it thinking it was just another celebrity hair line, but then I got to looking at the ingredients. Looks REALLY interesting! I didn't have enough cash on me to pick any up, but I plan to go back sometime this weekend. She had a shampoo, conditioner, spray gel, smoothing balm, etc. I'm not sure what to try first.

Here are the ingredients for the shampoo: Water; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate; Soy Amino Acids; Soy Algae; Seaweed; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Panthenol; Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract; Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract; Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract; Citrus Aurantium (Orange) Peel Extract; Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil; Sea Water; Chitosan; Phenoxyethanol; Methylparaben; Propylparaben; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben

What do you think???

rosepetal
May 16th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Sounds interesting... might be good...

but, I'm still miffed about breaking out from her skincare line... watching too much late night TV, I guess... :D

Ghaziya
May 16th, 2003, 01:45 PM
CVS is running a buy one, get one free sale so I picked up the conditioner and the smoothing balm.

I'll try them tomorrow and report back! :)

Ghaziya
May 21st, 2003, 04:32 AM
I've been using Sellecca Shine for a few days now. I went back to CVS and bought the shampoo and spray gel also.

I only shampoo once a week, so I've just used it once, but so far so good. It didn't rock my world, but shampoos generally don't for me. As long as they do their job gently, I'm pleased.

I LOVE the conditioner, but it's pretty heavy, so some fine/thin hairs may be weighed-down or end up too soft/fluffy. Although my hair is pretty thin, it's curly, so I actually like the heaviness. It's pretty concentrated and I am not using as much of the SS as I would use with Tresemme, for example. A lot of great ingredients in this stuff and it leaves my hair really soft and it smells great. (No artificial fragrances or colors in any of the products and not tested on animals either.)

I have been using the smoothing balm on my ends to help with tangles and the spray gel on my crown area, since my length pulls the curls out of the top of my hair. The styling products seem to be average, although I will continue to use them, since the balm detangles and keeps the tangles out of my hair for days. I normally CO everyday just to get the tangles out every morning, but with SS, I have been able to do some finger-combing, spritz with some water and go.

I will defintely buy SS again. If anyone else tries it, I'd love to hear your opinion!

ladybug
August 16th, 2003, 07:36 PM
(Yay, found a thread already started on this product)

I just stumbled across Sellecca Shine at CVS the other day. I also dismissed it as just another celebrity-endorsed nonsense product, but since it was sulfate-free and the ingredients looked interesting and it was on sale, I decided to try the shampoo, conditioner, and shine spray. Having only used it once, my review is preliminary, but the conditioner was soooo fabulous I had to report.

Shampoo--Very good so far, seemed to clean very well. My hair did "squeak" a little as I rinsed so I will watch for signs of dryness.

Conditioner--Fabulous! Very rich and moisturizing withoug feeling waxy. It seems very similar to the conditioner that comes with the L'oreal Moisture Actif colorspa semi-permanent hair color kit (which is a so so product in my opinion, but the conditioner was DYNAMITE). When I rinsed my hair, it felt sooooo silky and conditioned, not heavy at all.

Shine Spray--mmmmhhhh, I'd say so-so. It seemed to make my hair feel a little dry by the end of the day. I'll keep an eye on it.

I checked around on the Connie Sellecca's website and the only stuff there seems to be her skincare. It looks like she includes a free trial size of the shampoo and conditioner when you order skin stuff, but I have a skin care routine that I won't mess with. So far, it seems like its just available at CVS. Now that I like the conditioner, CVS will probably quit carrying it--story of my life!

scarlett
September 15th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Love the conditioner!

GoldLady
September 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM
I just tried the conditioner a week or two
ago and love it! Even though I'm a 1bFii,
it really doesn't weigh my hair down and
makes it shiny and soft.

I have been mixing it with some honey.
Ooooh, lala!
:D

Ghaziya
October 22nd, 2003, 08:01 AM
The conditioner rocks! Very thick and rich and smells awesome.

The shampoo is okay. Don't really care for the squeaky clean feel though.

I'm a not a fan of the spray gel, but I should've known better. I don't like any spray gels. :rolleyes:

GoldLady
October 22nd, 2003, 05:16 PM
Haven't tried the shampoo, but the conditioner is
awesome! It really gives me shine and softness.

I occasionally mix it with honey and it comes out
great that way also.

rosepetal
October 23rd, 2003, 05:39 AM
the conditioner is
awesome! It really gives me shine and softness.

I looked up the ingredients at CVS. It looks to be cone-free. :D

Sellecca Shine Hair Spa Conditioner

8 OZ - $6.49

Ingredients:
Water; Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride; Behentrimonium Methosulfate; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Soy Amino Acids; Soy Milk; Algae; Seaweed; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Panthenol; Tilia Tomentosa (Linden Blossom) Extract; Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract; Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil; Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Extract; Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract; Sea Water; Chitosan; Phenoxyethanol; Ethylparaben; Propylparaben