Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Found a really weird hair!

Igor
March 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
I just found the weirdest hair in my washbasin! My hairs range between medium and super-horsehair coarse but this one looked more like a thin piece of string or something! So I picked it up and discovered to my surprise that the 14 cm /5,5 inches long, dark and super-coarse hair is attached to a circa the same length, lighter and much finer part
It looks quite weird! Like two hairs from different heads fused together. The coarsest end is the follicle end, so itís ďgoingĒ the right way, but itís still weird that something I did 7 months ago has caused such a huge change in my hair structure. The change is very clear!
Has anyone else noticed something like this?
:confused:
(I tried to take a photo, but my digital camera isnít good enough to show the different textures)

Gaelle
March 2nd, 2005, 11:43 AM
Actually I've already seen exactly that kind of thing but on body hair! I don't know if it is of any help...

Gem
March 2nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yep, I've had a couple of strange hairs like that. They kinda crack me up :D I have no idea what causes them though...

Dianyla
March 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Igor, if your digital camera has a macro mode setting that would probably help capture it.

I have these oddball hairs. In fact, lately I've got one about an inch from my hairline on the top of my head, it's 4" long, dark brown, and very coarse and wiry. It tends to work it's way out of whatever pulled back style I've got my hair in and goes sproing! straight up in the air.

Maybe I'm related to Snowy and Speedbump with their Funky Curls?

nicolezoie
March 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
I can't say I know what caused your wily hair, but I know when I quit smoking I noticed ALOT of hair that did that. The finer ends ended up breaking off after the coarser portion got longer. :rolleyes: Not to say that will happen with yours...

cwalker0
March 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Sometimes I notice very thick strands or ones that are very curly and coarse. I also have a couple that "sproing" (hee hee, I love that description) out when my hair's pulled back and stand straight up!

That's really cool to be able to really see that your hair is improving. What did you change 7 months ago, I'm intrigued!!

GlebeGirl
March 2nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
I get these too. Not a huge amount of them, but if I hunt through I can usually find one or two that have this going on. Just like yours mine are thick and wiry and coarse for a bit, then suddenly change to medium or fine.

Miuku
March 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Has anyone else noticed something like this?

I used to have a lot of hairs like that a few years ago, but not anymore. My normal hair is 2b, brown and medium and the weirdness was 3b, almost black and extremely coarse. Sometimes the hair was normal at the root and weird at the end, sometimes the other way around, sometimes the root and the end was of one kind and there was the other kind in between. The coarse hairs also usually fell out easier or go pulled out with less pain than the normal ones.

Just a few months ago I noticed I don't have many of these coarse black hairs left. Either they all grew out or fell out...

Miuku

flame
March 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Sometimes get some REALLY COARSE wavy/curly bits of hair. (They are this texture all the way though) :shocked: These are usually only a couple of inches long. They get pulled out easily. When I try to get a better look at it, it just comes out!

Dianyla
March 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
These are usually only a couple of inches long. They get pulled out easily. When I try to get a better look at it, it just comes out!
Yep, I've gotten these exact ones. I tried to gently separate one from the rest to have a look and it just slipped right out...