Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : What's the longest hair you've seen in real life?

Pages : [1] 2

Feye
February 21st, 2003, 03:38 AM
Hi, it's me asking questions again ;)

Feye
February 21st, 2003, 04:05 AM
Oh, and I wanted to add that when I wrote 'floor length', I meant just above the floor, more like ankle length.

February 21st, 2003, 04:27 AM
I voted 'classic length' but actually it wasn't that long. It was definitely longer than waist length (i see WL all the time). Maybe tailbone or a few inches longer... I really dont remember.

Feye
February 21st, 2003, 04:33 AM
I voted 'classic length' but actually it wasn't that long. It was definitely longer than waist length (i see WL all the time). Maybe tailbone or a few inches longer... I really dont remember.

That's ok :) I didn't want to add too many options, because the answers would be scattered all over the page. Classic is fine!

AmandaPanda
February 21st, 2003, 04:37 AM
Knee length..... I think

dancingbarefoot
February 21st, 2003, 04:39 AM
Lately I've been seeing lots of super-long hair! About two months ago, I saw a woman with ankle-length black hair at the grocery store. She was wearing it loose, and not a tangle to be seen (can we say "envy"??). It was rather thin, but still beautiful. Then last week I saw two knee-lengths and another ankle-length (at the same store, come to think of it!), again wearing their hair loose. I hope if I get to my knee-length goal, I can still wear my hair loose like that. :)

Oh, and once when I was on the bus, I saw a woman at the bus stop with a huge, fat braid past her knees. With hair that thick, I'm guessing her hair must have been at least calf-length if not longer. It was beautiful, but since I wasn't getting off the bus at that stop, I couldn't go give her a compliment. :)

Kao
February 21st, 2003, 06:12 AM
I saw a woman with blonde hair down to her ankles about.. 6 or 7 years ago. She was at a /park/ of all things, with her toddler, wearing it down.

It was so very very neat, and my mom (I was 10/11 at the time.) informed me that no, I could not have my hair that long, because it took too much effort to maintain and she wasn't letting me go for weeks at a time without washing my hair.

Moms are /no/ fun at all sometimes. ;)

Brenda
February 21st, 2003, 07:19 AM
the woman I remember seeing had her hair in a braid which was calf length, so I'm presuming that when it was loose it would have reached atleast her ankles.

dancingbarefoot
February 22nd, 2003, 05:40 PM
I just remembered one: I once saw a Native American man out in public who had the longest braid I've ever seen.

It was beautiful, extremely thick black hair in a braid that was literally dragging on the floor (only the last 3-4 inches were hitting the floor). (I couldn't do that -- I'd step on my own hair and trip myself!!). This guy was about 6' tall (about 183 cm), too, so it was some extremely long hair! Wish I could've seen it loose! :)

Anne
February 23rd, 2003, 02:06 PM
knee length and it was amazing! I see a lot of long hair where I live :D

February 25th, 2003, 04:31 AM
I saw a girl with a classic lenght thick golden braid today...

Carolyn
February 25th, 2003, 09:09 AM
I saw a woman with a knee length braid a couple years ago. So pretty. It was beautiful how the braid moved when she walked. There is a woman here where I live who has a mid-thigh length braid. Its awesome. It makes me so sad (and mad) to hear others comment on her hair. I'm thinking just wait until I have a braid to my waist, what ya gonna say about me? lol...oh well. I did have a nice conversation with her one time. She said she had been growing her hair for 14 years and she loved the ease of long hair. She is one of us! but no computer so I didn't tell her about this place.

Jenn
February 25th, 2003, 10:26 AM
A lady at my church wore her hair in a high ponytail and about 4 inches of it dragged the ground. Oh, and it was wavy too, so it would probably be much longer wet/straight. Second is my sister-in-law. Her's is about calf legnth.

Grace
February 25th, 2003, 02:26 PM
I saw a woman with a braid that dragged on the floor--I don't know exactly how long her hair was though, since it was in a braid.

sneakybea
February 25th, 2003, 05:56 PM
but actually the person I am thinking of had hair that came past her knees when braided. She was the teacher of the ballet class that met before my belly dance class. Her ends were getting kind of thin, but it was amazing to see her dance across the floor when the braid was down and not wrapped around her head.
Kim B.

BeeLady
February 26th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Although the school that I work in, there are quite a few girls with long long hair....all of them blonde....beautiful.

I really don't see that many major longhairs. That's kinda sad. I still want my braid to reach my butt......and I will then be a happy lady.

There is a Bruderhof community here, and the women wear their hair long.....and they all have beautiful hair too. They are often in the supermarket at the same time as me.....some of them have very long hair, down to their thighs I think. I voted classic cos I'm not sure what I've seen.

It makes me lust for my goal length even more.

Bees xx

wtchmel
February 26th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Beelady..... what is a bruderhoff community?

Arcticpixie
February 27th, 2003, 03:36 PM
The lady I saw had fairly short hair on the top and sides, and the back reached her knees, really curly too. She was a customer at the pharmacy I worked at and I finally got up the nerve to talk to her. Turns out the curls were a perm, the top was cut monthly and the color (a really bright copper) was out of a clairol bottle. This was long before I found the boards, but I was still amazed that she did all that to her hair and it still grew that long! She said it took her 6 years to get there from collar length. I don't care what she said though, I can't do that much to my hair, too much to lose if it doesn't work out!

nicolezoie
May 19th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Longest EVER, though, was on a man at a reggae show - he had dreds that would have dragged on the floor about 2 feet if they were not tied in a knot at his waist and knees. With them tied, they reached his ankles. But - I don't really consider dreds because they're not loose flowing hair. :silly:

Longest loose flowing hair was lower calves, almost ankles, loose, at a street fair. She was Fillipino, and they are well known in my area for having wonderful hair. :) :grin:

Amylovelylocks
May 19th, 2004, 11:31 AM
The longest hair I have ever seen was knee length. :grin:

Queenie
May 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM
The longest I ever saw was a classic length braid, so that must've been around thigh length. It was *very* thin on the ends, but still very pretty :smile:

Snowymoon
May 20th, 2004, 06:45 AM
I had mine just about 2 weeks ago. I was in the local organic store for the first time ever picking up up some EOs and looking around when my DD came to get me. She had me go look at a black man with a strong and lovely Jamaican (sp) accent. This fellow had dreads down to his mid-calves. They were incredible! That was the longest hair I have ever seen ever. My sister has hip-length 1a to 1b hair. My mother had BSL fine blonde 1a hair most of her life. I also had a cousin with hip-length 1a strawberry red/blonde hair. I also saw a lady yesterday at K-Mart with blond hair at tailbone length. 8)

Gaijin
May 20th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I voted knee length because it was the closest option, but it was actually between knee and ankle length. I actually just saw it 2 weeks ago at the mall. This lady with long black hair was pausing to turn around and fingercomb it a little. It was so swingy and bouncy. Very nice. I could tell that she had not had a trim in along time too(if ever) because the ends were very natural.

My mom's is actually knee length so I got to see that every day while growing up too. And although she has grays she has no plans on cutting. (She loved Crystal Gale and always had my hair long when I was little also.)

anniespagani
May 20th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Ivoted knee length. But it's actaully closer to ankle length. A lady in our church has hair this long.

sleepingbeauty
May 20th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I remember it was in middle school- the piano teacher had hair just a bit below her knees...even back then in middle school I couldn't quit staring...it wasn't in the greatest condition, but it was still beautiful in my opinion...it looked so "earthy" and "natural" and different from every other adult woman's hair I've ever seen since. I remember she would need to move it out of the way to sit down and play the piano or she'd be sitting on it.

Funny how you remember some things from childhood... :razz:

goldilocks
May 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
I saw a construction guy the other day that had a waist long thick black braid. It looked very cool. I must have been longer cause it was braided. Looked like he took good care of it. (he was pretty cute too BTW :wink: )

wonderlywroughte
May 21st, 2004, 03:57 PM
The longest I've ever seen was back of the knee length braid...2 women, sisters I believe, worked at a store around here. One had a short haircut, the other had the knee length braid. I saw it down ONCE and it was thick and shiny and stick-straight. It was an interesting dirty-blonde color.

exclusively di
May 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
My friends' hair is floor length, and I have a young friend whose hair is very close to floor length, and mine was just a few inches above my knees at one time.

Anna
May 22nd, 2004, 02:53 PM
The bar none longest hair I've ever seen was a couple years ago when I was working retail. I helped a lady whose hair was easily beyond floor length. She wore it down and loose and had at least 1ft of hair folded up and scrunchie'd to her length so she could walk without dragging it on the ground. The scrunchie was close to her ankles and her daughter had similarly long hair. Both had beautiful mid brown hair, thicker than my wrist, glossy and stick straight.

Most recently I saw a woman with a mid-calf length braid. Beautiful blond hair and quite thick, but not as thick as the women described above.

Igor
May 23rd, 2004, 02:35 AM
The longest I ever saw was a classic length braid, so that must've been around thigh length. It was *very* thin on the ends, but still very pretty :smile:
We must have seen the same girl! It was the exact same thing I was just about to write! :lol:
(Did she have dirty blonde hair and bangs? :wink: )

Queenie
May 23rd, 2004, 04:39 AM
(Did she have dirty blonde hair and bangs? :wink: )

In fact, she did :suspect: :mrgreen:

Igor
May 23rd, 2004, 04:42 AM
In fact, she did :suspect: :mrgreen:
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Cut straight-across bangs?

Queenie
May 23rd, 2004, 05:59 AM
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Cut straight-across bangs?

Uh huh :lol:
But I do think it would be quite a coïncidence, seeing the same woman in my rather small university city and in Denmark :wink:
Still; it's pretty funny :mrgreen:

Igor
May 23rd, 2004, 06:13 AM
Uh huh :lol:
But I do think it would be quite a coïncidence, seeing the same woman in my rather small university city and in Denmark :wink:
Still; it's pretty funny :mrgreen:
:lol: That’s really weird and funny! :lol: :lol:
I saw her at a supermarket nearby

Rain
May 25th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Calf length. A girl at my high school had beautiful, glassy, chocolate brown hair to her calves.

requiemofroses
May 25th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Wow, I haven't seen nearly as much beautiful, long hair as many of you have...the longest I think I've seen in person in my entire life was just about classic, maybe a tad bit longer..and that was loose and fairly straight.

Beatnik Guy
May 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Erm, Jennnifer Eve's? :grin:

Chris

Dafne
May 28th, 2004, 01:02 AM
My school mate, about classic length...

http://dafne.wizmelee.net/foto/scuola/scuola.jpg

I so envy her hair!

alexnl
May 30th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Well, that would be a blond, mid thigh length braid. Out of the braid, it would probably be close to knee-length. I´ve seen this young woman 2 or 3 times in my home town.

And then there is my own hair, does that count? That was knee-length a few years ago. Now its not quite that long.

Alex

MisaLady
May 30th, 2004, 11:14 PM
The longest hair that I've ever seen was on a guy. It was past floorlength... it looked like he had a few inches dragging on the ground. It made part of it look really worn and bedraggled.

If my hair ever got that long, I'd definitely take better care of it than that!!

angelic
May 30th, 2004, 11:21 PM
I voted for knee length, but the longest hair that I have seen in real life was a calf length "half" braid. Basically her hair was loose to her waist and the the rest was braided to her calves.

I saw her when I was at the grocery store a few years ago and was in absolute awe. I never approached her, but I had the opportunity to meet her husband a few months after!

A security guard at the school I attend used to compliment my hair and told me that his wife has very long hair herself. A few weeks later he brought in a photo of her to show me...and lo and behold it was her!

Take care,
Angela

Rhiannon
May 31st, 2004, 04:13 AM
I voted floor length but it was more like 5"-6" and it would reach the floor. It was just a glimpse but in junior high school we had a student visiting from another school and it was almost to the floor plus it was shiny from scalp to ends. Even though I saw her in passing I never forgot that hair.

smiles
June 1st, 2004, 05:37 AM
almost knee length braid on a young lady... which means it should be atleast knee length hair.. and that too in great condition... ofcourse, i mustered up some courage and told her that her hair was beautiful. She seemed happy to hear the compliment - though she must be getting plenty of those. 8)

Rain
June 1st, 2004, 04:23 PM
My 8yo told me she saw a woman with a braid to her ankles at Home Depot last weekend. It must have been past the floor unbraided!

CalicoEek
June 2nd, 2004, 11:24 AM
At the Natchitoches Christmas Festival last December, I saw a woman with a braid that hung a bit past her knees, I think (I didn't want to stare, so I sort of snuck a few glances as I walked by her) It was a light color, maybe graying blond? This was before I joined, and I kept thinking "It's so long! How can anyone dooo that?!"

Calico

melisanda
June 5th, 2004, 04:18 AM
I have recently seen two women with about tailbone length. I don't remember seeing anybody with hair longer than that.
Oh, and there was one women I saw at faculty, she had veery long braids but she was sitting so i couldn't se ehow long exactly they are. I'm sure her hair is longer than waist too.

kissedbyfyre
June 8th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Classic. A friend from high school. Her hair was as thick as mine, without any splits at the ends what so ever, and it was a super dark black. She use to do so many different, quirky, unique things with it. I hope she hasn't cut it. I use to envy her length. This was before I wanted to grow my hair out.

It's very rare you ever see hair beyond bsl here. Mine would be considered rare and I do NOT consider my hair long at all. Although a few days ago I did see a woman with hair slightly beyond her tale bone. A mother. That's a rare sighting around here. Living in this surburban, yuppie ville that I live in.

Iowa_Longhair
June 8th, 2004, 10:07 AM
The longest would have to be about 3 years ago during Christmas time in the mall. A tall woman in her 30's had thick blonde hair to the bottom of her calves and was curled at the ends. I remember a couple female employee's at the store I was in, made a fuss about her hair and asked her if they can touch it. They ended up picking it from the bottom and holding it out to show how long it was. I could tell the woman was NOT happy.

I see classic to thigh length often, which is always nice :grin:

Koehlle
August 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
in Hawaii. most of the women hula dancers had floor length, black,thick hair. the ends looked thinner, so maybe they have never been trimmed.

rose

Marianne
August 16th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I think the longest I've ever seen was a classic length braid. Most of the time it's unusual to even see waist length hair around where I live.

Bandia Rua
September 11th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Hey there,

There was a woman in my pilgrimage group to ireland, back in 1999, that had hair so long that she had to braid it and then put 3 or 4 knots in the braid to keep it from dragging the floor! I was in awe! :)

Blessings!
Laurie

Fia
September 11th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Kneelength braids on quite a few Indian/Pakistani women on the subway. I would guess their hair is close to the calves when loose.

I've also seen huge buns under hijabs on some Muslim women - hard to judge the length there, but probably around knee/calves on some of them too.

/Fia

Isare
September 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM
There are some waist length girls in my school, but nothing beyond that. I once met a Jamaican guy with a huge hat. He told me his hair was down to his ankles, but I never got to see it.

Butters
September 12th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Saw a lady at the airport a few weeks as ago with beutiful wavy mid-calf length hair.

Shady
September 12th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Not to completely mimic DB, but I saw a lady with ankle-length black hair in the grocery store, once when I was little. The image stuck with me, even though my mom said the woman's hair was too long.

She's got a pixie, what does she know? :lol:

KristinMH
September 13th, 2004, 05:20 AM
I worked in a book store a few years ago, the boss' wife had hair down past her knees, but trimmed it up to her knees often. She never wore it up! The other lady who worked there kept her hair in a braid and it comes down to her tailbone. At the time my hair was just below BS and another coworker had hair the same length as mine. We are all blondes. Someone came into the store one day saying a lady with long blonde hair helped him. I said he had to be more specific. The front window was right in front of the counter, so looking in at the four of us standing there was a sight!

Vampberry
September 18th, 2004, 08:27 AM
My kindergarden teacher had wavy classic length red hair and that's the longest hair I've ever seen. By the way, she's the only kindergarden teacher I remember :) I thought she was the most beautiful woman I knew because she had such wonderful hair, just like a fairytale princess :D

Gardenia
September 18th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I saw a lady with classic length hair on the subway platform in NY. This was a few months ago. It looked like she took good care of her mane. Medium blonde color/
2b wavy/not many splits/great shine.

Crysania
December 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
There is a lot of indian women in the area I live in Montreal, they have beautiful hair, its very rare that you will see an indian women here with hair shorter than bra , they all have nice long black shiny hair
I heard that they put mustard oil in their hair, anyone tried that before ? I tried it and i dont really like it because of the smell
and this oil can be mortal if used for cooking (by the way) :)
but i guess its good for hair

the longest hair ive seen was not indian though, i saw a woman in her 30s in a boutique she had knee length, dark blond/light brown color, and straight, I complimented her, but she seemed annoyed, she said thank you anyways
she probably have a lot of ppl talking about her hair, she must be tired of it, oh well, sorry lady! :rolleyes:

reddhot
December 2nd, 2004, 12:39 PM
A lady with a little longer than tailbone length and that was maybe 4yrs. ago.

Meg_Evenstar
December 2nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Not very exciting but tail bone length :rolleyes:

Meg

Pilgrim
December 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
I'd say knee-length in person, although I've seen longer on this site :smile:! My aunt (only four years older than I) wore her hair long for years and she could sit on it. Maybe that's classic length? I'm still learning these things!

Julie

BlackRose
December 2nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
I very rarely see even waist length hair like mine around here. Once at a store, I was walking near a woman with her hair in a bun. She kept messing with the hairsticks then finally took them out and let her hair fall free. I was shocked, it was between her knees and ankles...but...the last 18" or so was so thin, it just didn't look that good. :(

Recently I was behind a woman in a checkout line with hair past her rear. It was wavy and shiny, I was really admiring it, until she turned around and I saw she had a severe mullet going on in the front, I mean the hair from her ears up couldn't have been an inch long!!

Lynn

Peppermint
December 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Classic length, very beautiful straight hair with golden brown colour. She´s my neighbour and I get very motivated every time I see her.

Alva
December 3rd, 2004, 01:02 AM
The longest I have seen was ankle-lenght. There was a lady from India living 2 blocks away and she always had it in a braid. Really healthy long black hair. I always was suprised how well she kept that in shape. Looked really nice. Mostly she just had it in a braid-bun.

http://img110.exs.cx/img110/9691/5c-Kleinformaat785.jpg

michaelw
December 3rd, 2004, 03:00 AM
I voted floor length but actually, the young lady we ran into had ankle length, almost to the floor. We complimented her and moved on. Have not seen her around town since, though.

PeloBueno
December 3rd, 2004, 04:11 AM
My dear friend has beutiful knee length hair. Its long blondish and perfectly straight.

Tap Dancer
December 3rd, 2004, 04:30 AM
Classic is butt-length, right? :lol: That's the longest I've seen.

Beatnik Guy
December 3rd, 2004, 12:31 PM
Classic is butt-length, right? :lol: That's the longest I've seen.
Not exactly..."classic" refers to the crease between the bottom of the ass and the top of the thighs. "Butt" can mean a wide variety of lengths.
:silly:

Meezer
December 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
About three weeks ago, I saw a little girl (I guess about 9 or 10 years old) with long, wavy blonde hair down to her calves. It was absolutely stunning!

Bruin
December 4th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Now you guys have gotten me all jealous :flower:

The longest I've ever seen was knee-length on a computer guy in some warehouse I was delivering business forms to. After that I decided to let mine grow, it just looked way too cool :rockerdud

Now I figure if I can't see it elsewhere... I'll grow it myself! To the floor baby, to the floor!!!

Dahabibi
December 4th, 2004, 06:32 AM
I voted waist length, but I think I may have seen someone with tailbone length hair once.

I haven't seen many people with hair longer than what's considered 'normal' (which is bra-strap length or maybe mid back)

That's why I want really long hair: No one else has it! At least, not around here. That and I'm too cheap to have a decent hair cut.

Kitty Brite
December 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Floor length. I was at a science fiction convention (it was their real hair though they weren't dressed up) but this was about ten years ago at least.

poetryofacherry
December 5th, 2004, 07:18 PM
i went to an indian wedding last week and i saw this indian lady with a really thick braid reaching her ankles and it looked so healthy
i still am envious *blush*

smythe_michael
December 6th, 2004, 03:19 AM
not sure if longest in "total length" or length in proportion to that person, so I'm going to do 2.

I made a post last summer about seeing a jamaican man, who must have been about 6'4" or so, that had calf length dreads,
they were kind of loose too, so at the supermarket, when he was moving about the aisles, you literally couldn't get around him , and his hair almost seemed to take up the whole aisle when in motion.

But the longest I think I saw in person, one time at Disney (which I don't neccessarily like those parks, but always see great hair, with that many people out and about, you are bound too I guess). But I saw an Indian family. The mother had her hair up, in what must have been one of the biggest updos I ever saw, and her 2 daughters, who must have been 13 and 11, I'm guessing. They both had their hair in 2 braids, and they were looped and secured to the base of the braids with ribbons. The bottom of the loops were right at tailbone length. Loose I'm sure the braids would have been close to or on the floor, and undone, probably 6" or so dragging on the floor. I don't doubt, they had never had their hair cut. Everyone's hair was jet black and very nice condition too.

jan_on_ice
December 12th, 2004, 06:06 PM
The longest length I've ever seen was just under knee-length, which I saw earlier this year. It was on a guy, and his hair was in such good condition, I was (am) extremely envious!

gaandu_22
December 13th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Ankle length was the longest. As the hair length gets shorter from ankle-length, but still within the "long" category, I have spotted a lot more...mostly in India.

MemSahib
December 13th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Mother's was right at her ankles at its most glorious. Aging, abuse and thyroid problems have it so thinned and broken off, it's not nearly that long now. Years ago I saw a woman with a gorgeous blonde braid between her knees and ankles, so unbraided, I would think hers would easily have reached her ankles.

Garnet66
December 13th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I don't think anyone else would consider this one long but I did. I think it was yesterday or the day before. I had so much :heartbeat hair envy over it that I forget where or when. She had really pretty tailbone length. It was her natural color and she looked young. It was straight and beautiful. She had it two little twists on her sides. It was really pretty. I think it's the longest I've seen in a really long time.

Lady Godiva
December 13th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I recollect three different women whose hair reached floor length, although they, themselves, all are very short, and therein lies my difficulty determining whose hair actually is longest? Each day that I see my own hair unfurled, it probably is longer than any of theirs at floor length, given that I am 6"-8" taller than each of them. So maybe I agree with Beatnik Guy on this one. ;)

cookiemonster
December 13th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I had a friend a few years ago (she's since moved away) who had really thick classic length hair. I think it was the longest hair I've seen, besides a few waist lengths braids I've seen that probably fall about classic length.

Volkswillow
December 14th, 2004, 01:59 AM
A girl I was at school with had lovley, thick classic length blonde hair with brown underneath. Healthy and shiny from root to tip (Cue green eyed monster) Unfortunetely she cut it into a short bob (right up to her chin) when she got to about 15.
And I remember a lady my Dad used to know when I was little had the most beautiful silver hair probably somewhere around her knees (she was either sitting pretty much everytime I saw her, or it was blowing in the wind as she was feeding the geese!)
Didn't really notice anymore until I was out in liverpool at the weekend and every other girl I saw had waist length or longer - One even had waist length and PINK......I'm so doing that when I go away to uni!!

SimplyDashing
December 14th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I see a lot of long hair where I live (Pacific Northwest).

The longest hair I have seen loose, is past knees. I am a hobbyist photographer and I was lucky enough that she allowed me to photograph her ;)

Recently, I have had quite a few good sightings actually. I saw a woman in her 60s with a gorgeous thick chestnut brown braid down to just above her knees. I would think it would be nearly calf length loose. I complimented her and she seemed genually pleased. Christmas shopping the other day, I saw a woman, I think pentacostal, who was gift wrapping with quite a large intricate figure 8 bun. She said her hair was to her knees (red). And lastly, earlier tonight, I saw a young gal with light brown hair to her knees. It looked uncut as it had quite a V shape to it. This is probably the most sightings I have had so close together.

Two years ago, I saw a native woman with hair to her knees loose that was so thick and in such good condition, literally everyone stopped and stared at her. It was quite amazing to watch the whole scene.

SimplyDashing

TheSpottedCow
December 22nd, 2004, 02:31 PM
once i saw a family (or at least i think it was a family) of long haired people. the mother and youngest girl had classic length dark blonde, wavy hair. but the other girl, who was much taller than them and me (and im 5'8) had knee length dark brown straight hair. that was the longest ive seen.

Nenwing
December 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
This petite thin girl at my college wears a braid that goes down either to her knees or shins. Its pretty neat looking, and she dresses rather like shes from the 1960s, and well she looks neat!

GoddessLocks
May 22nd, 2005, 07:24 AM
My boyfriend's mom has her hair in a ponytail braid everyday, and the tips of her hair reach her tail bone,and her hair is only down when she goes to bed at night, and I cant tell how long it is. Also, at this grocery store I use to work at, one of my supervisors has hair that is I think at her butt, but I am not sure

DarkIvy
May 22nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
I said "knee length" since there was no "calf" or "ankle" category.

About three years ago, when I first moved here, my sister and I saw a lady at the library with long, straight blond hair. It reached her ankles. I had never even heard of people growing out their hair *that* long, so it was a bit of a shock for me.

A year and a half or so, at the movies, (well, in the bathroom of the movies) another lady with long, straight blond hair was washing her hands. Her hair was about calf length.

At Wal Mart, about a year ago, I saw a pre-teen girl with hair to her knees. It was black, thick, and super shiny. I was so envious.

Personally, I can't imagine *ever* having hair in the knee or longer category. Maybe because I've never gotten past BSL, and knee length just seems so insanely far off. Maybe because I don't think I'd want hair that long. It's amazing to see in real life, and I think it's great people grow their hair that long, I just don't think it's something I would want to do. Personally, I'd be happy if I ever got to classic length.

kikwear69er
May 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
There use to be a guy that was a dealer at the Western Village Casino in Sparks (Reno), NV., that had his in a braid that laid a couple of inches on the floor when he was standing.

When he would leave his table, he picked it up & carried it with him.

Thats the LONGEST I'ne ever seen.

onceagain
May 22nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Voted classic a while ago, but two days ago I saw a woman with her hair up in a pony(pretty high) and the ends still reached mid-thigh! The hair wasn't very thick in the ends, but a very beautiful blone(not unusual with blondes here though). I've seen a lot of people lately with very long hair, mostly between waist and classic.

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Classic, earlier today actually. I saw a girl at bluewater with blonde, classic length hair in a ponytail. Sadly I think it was blowfried to buggery:(

Lalaith
May 22nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Knee-length. I had a good friend (I don't see her anymore though) who had light brownish blond hair to her knees. It was pretty.:smile:

Rotch
May 22nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
My wife's cousin Carole Anne from NJ had or has lower calf length hair. Her late dad told me in 2000 that she had grown it to her ankles, but got it trimmed back to mid-calf. It made the front page of the local paper! Her hair is brunette, silky and stick straight, about the thickness of Lady Godiva's. She wore straight across bangs, and I'd describe her facially as having classic beauty.
Her dad told me that her DH had pleaded with her to keep it real long, as she had been thinking of cutting. As far as I know, she still has her hair intact. A closer cousin to Carole Anne may know for sure, but unless I hear good news, I won't mention it here. Oh BTW, her nails were real and about 6 "long, which doesn't thrill me, but I thought it is an interesting sidenote. Best, Bob :grin:

LauraJean
May 22nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
I had a friend in middle school she and her sisters all had waist length hair. Their mothers hair was floor length though! She always wore it up, but we had a sleepover one night so I got to see it down.It was so pretty.

desty nova
May 23rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
2 or 3 weeks ago I saw a man with knee length draeds (loooked very cool!:smile: though I usually don't like dreads), and I've seen a few women with knee length hair in single braids (so I think it was longer that knee)

Sannuska
May 23rd, 2005, 02:19 AM
The longest hair I've ever seen was on a young woman who had very thick black hair to her thighs. I don't remember seeing longer hair around these corners. That one certainly caught my eye.

Beatnik Guy
May 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, does anyone need to revise their "longest in real life" in view of weekend adventures? :grin:

Chris

Jennifer
May 23rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, does anyone need to revise their "longest in real life" in view of weekend adventures? :grin:

Chris

:lol: As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of posting to this thread the past couple days. I don't think I ever posted on this one in the first place, but I can now say without a doubt the longest hair I've seen is floor length! ;)

:bowtome:

Tresses
May 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
:lol: As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of posting to this thread the past couple days. I don't think I ever posted on this one in the first place, but I can now say without a doubt the longest hair I've seen is floor length! ;)

:bowtome:

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!! I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer Eve for the first time last year, but still hadn't posted to this thread. :oops:

Awesome indeed! :bowtome:

dkmrow
May 24th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Very long hair is very rare in my neighborhood, however on occasion, I do see very long hair.
A few years back, at the school where I teach, there was a young girl who always wore her hair in a long braid she could sit on. On picture day, she wore her hair loose in a rippling brown waterfall that reached her knees. Very beautiful.
The longest I've seen was on a woman with beautiful red hair that was mid-calf, thick and beautiful.

Igor
May 24th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Wish I could vote again :lol:
About a year ago I met a polish woman in the clothing store I worked in. Her hair was in a circa knee-length braid, so it must have been around floor or something loose
It was really, really frizzy but still cool! :rockerdud

sugaplum
May 24th, 2005, 09:25 AM
The longest length I've seen when on the movie "Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love" and the teacher had hair to her knee.

airbus
May 24th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I'm working at Amsterdam airport and see many longhaired ladies from various cultures, like India and Surinam. Once I saw a young lady with a ponytail down to her knees with a big knot at the bottom. I had the courage to compliment her with such long hair and asked how long it was without the knot, and she showed somewhere near her ankles. I'll never forget that moment.
But still the longest was Crystal Gayle's hair when she was touring Europe some 15 years ago: it was below her feet while she was wearing high heels! Unforgettable...

spiral
May 24th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Okay, couple stories here. Since I work at the Renaissance Faire, I see a lot of long lovely locks. But the *longest* hair I've ever seen...when I was in my early 20s I worked at the Circuit City in Pasadena and I had gotten off shift and was waiting for my ride when I saw the most amazing hair I've ever seen. She was maybe polynesian(sp?) or maybe native american. Either way, she also had very beautiful olive skin. Her hair was in a braid; she was a 1a/*very* thick black and glossy. Her rope started at the nape and went through to the bottom of her trenchcoat, popping out below and sweeping her ankles. It was all neatly trimmed across, and maybe 2-3 inches thick at the bottom where it was bound. She passed me once, and I thought "no, that couldn't be what I just saw!.." but she passed again and I was stunned. I couldn't even approach her I was so taken by her hair. And if you know me, you'll know I'm very outgoing and so such a response was totally out of character.

But that was the best. Now, another story of mention was this. While my husband and I had a business at Ren Faire (see www.chimingwands.com), we met many groovy people, and of course a lot of long hairs. But this one time when we were at the Northern Cali faire, we met a whole clan of long hairs, an entire family where all the members -- men and women -- all had hair, the very shortest of which was middle of the back. The longest belonged to the eldest son (!) whose hair was long and quite luxurious.

As I've said in my intro, my friend Melissa is a braider at Ren Faire, so she loves working on my head as well as having experience with a lot of long hair. Her website is www.melissasbraids.com; go look! She did my hair for my wedding; you can see that at www.geocities.com/danielandspiralswedding.

Na zdravje!
Spi

Sylph
May 25th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I’d say just above the knees on this blonde lady in my home town about 2 months ago. I’ve not seen her again since. Sadly it wasn’t the best condition.

The longest good condition hair I’ve ever seen was about 12 years ago. This lady had mid-thigh hair in a nice shiny thick braid of chestnut hair. If my hair could be that length and that nice looking I’d be happy as Larry.

phoenix
May 25th, 2005, 01:56 AM
i voted classic length, since one of my old friends from school was growing hers for years. i've not seen her for a while though, so i wonder how long it is now? my mum used to have knee length hair, but i've only seen pictures. she always tells me stories of how difficult it was to wash her hair when she was young, and how my grandmother had to job of detangling! :)

asuprash
June 12th, 2005, 12:48 AM
The longest I have seen is a braid to the ankles when I was a kid in New Delhi (India)..The braid was uniformly thick and perhaps about 3.5 inches in diameter...

A friend of mine from TLHS has reported this sighting.. I dont think anyone can rival his ...

The question to all of you who read this...Is ...?
How long is her braid ?

This friend told me about seeing a woman in an Asian Indian supermarket in Georgia with a very thick hip-length braid that then looped around and around itself clear up to the top of her head, wrapped several times (about 4 -5 times) around there (clear up to the front), and finally fell again (wrapped and wrapped around itself) back to the small of her back, where the very end part was knotted and wrapped around and around. It was thick all the way out. She was about 5'2'' feet tall.

Cheers..
Prashanth

winter
June 12th, 2005, 03:05 AM
knee-lenght, when I was working one day. I was so busy admiring her hair that I almost forgot to charge her for the things she bought. :) It was braided to the tail-bone, and the rest let loose, so it was possibly longer when worn down entirely.

Nalia
June 12th, 2005, 06:00 AM
The longest I have ever seen was just to the floor, and that was a long time ago. You don't see a lot of really long hair where I live. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of +60 women, and every one I have ever seen had the short hair. Some of the younger girls wear theirs long, but I have never seen anything longer than BSL where I live.

Meaning, I suppose, in a couple of years I am going to be considered a freak.

DEE_56652
June 12th, 2005, 12:25 PM
my grandma mables hair when she let it down it laid out on the floor. she was 4ft 9 in tall her hair had to been 5 ft 5 in . my dad used to tell stories him and his brother taking turns brushing it out when they were kids.

DarkTresses
June 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM
[ But I saw an Indian family. The mother had her hair up, in what must have been one of the biggest updos I ever saw, and her 2 daughters, who must have been 13 and 11, I'm guessing. They both had their hair in 2 braids, and they were looped and secured to the base of the braids with ribbons. The bottom of the loops were right at tailbone length. Loose I'm sure the braids would have been close to or on the floor, and undone, probably 6" or so dragging on the floor. I don't doubt, they had never had their hair cut. Everyone's hair was jet black and very nice condition too.[/QUOTE]

Longest hair I have seen was on a teenage girl,about 17-18 yrs.old,some time ago,she had wonderful,thick,straight/a bit wavy,dark-brown hair,loosely gathered with a single scrunchie at waist length. Her hair reached mid-calf !! on the other hand as my 2 daughters (11 & 12 yrs.old) are also of South Asian-Indian heritage,we also do very often the traditional Indian 2 looped braids with ribbons !! For now their looped braids are not that long,as their hair is "only" down to tailbone,but with increased length in future,possibly reaching knees,they'll get longer loops :smile: We use this particular braided style for school,it's great !

Kathleen
June 12th, 2005, 02:17 PM
The longest I've ever seen is a girl with a loose dark blond braid to just above her ankles. It was quite dull though, and rather thin, and my reaction was 'wow, thats long' rather than 'wow, thats pretty' so I didn't say anything to her. But there's this girl who comes into my work sometimes, with thick black curleyhair. Its naturally brown, but she dies it black. She has a really small waist and the bottom of her hair sits right at the smallest part of her waist. The ends are SO thick and healthy, all her hair is, and its so SHINEY. I just stare and drool every time. I'll have to say something to her one day, but I'm too shy.

avery
June 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I worked with a Pentecostal lady whose hair was down to her calves. She washed it twice a week and mostly wore it in a braided bun, if I remember correctly. It was strawberry blond and super shiney! :grin:

Also, the lady who mentored me in metaphysical work is Cherokee/Irish. Her hair was once down to her knees. She said she recently cut it to shoulder length. She uses mostly herbal washes and EO.

spunkymonki87
June 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Out of the blue today, I remembered a woman that had once worked at a summer school camp when I was in 4th grade. Her hair had never been cut (A sort of religion of hers..) and it was down to her ankles :bigeyes: It was dark brown, about 26-ish, straight and pretty shiny. ah, memories : )

Athena's Owl
June 14th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I went to school with a Ukranian girl who had hair to her knees when I knew her. Hair like a wheatfield. She wore it in a braid often.

and then one night, sometime in the 90's, I was watching the evening news and they had a "coming up next" shot of a woman walking. she was walking very fast. the shot was really only of her feet, and wavy wheatfield blonde hair floating behind her.

I thought to myself, "I know her."

And sure enough, I did! She'd grown her hair to the point where six inches of it would drag on the floor if (wait for it) she didn't walk fast enough.

I was amused.

a few years ago I was back in that town. I'm sure I saw her, though I was in a car and couldn't stop - but who else would have been navigating over a knee-high snow drift and holding her braid looped in her hand like a lariat in order to cross the street?

Chocolate Locks
June 15th, 2005, 01:55 AM
The longest hair I ever saw was on a Japanese girl here. She had gorgeous knee length hair. I couldn't stop looking at her, it was fascinating.

bionicman
June 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Many years back, in a DIY store (hardware) I saw a young woman (early 20s) with dark brown curly hair to her mid calf. She was wearing it loose and going about her business seemingly unaware of other shoppers peering around the corner for a look. Perhaps she was used to it. It was fairly thick, and in good condition, apart from the last six inches or so.

Another time, in Bedford, a town with a large south asian community, I once almost crashed my bike when I saw a young indian woman drying her knee length hair in the sun sitting outside the front of her house.

enivid
June 17th, 2005, 11:58 AM
knee length and it was amazing! I see a lot of long hair where I live :D

yeah same here (also in California :gabigrin: no wonder). The longest would also be knee-length.

LittleFlower
June 17th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I've seen a lady with a braid that ended at midthigh. She was waiting at a bus stop and she looked Vietnamese (well, she was dressed in an ao dai). My housemate and close friend also has fingertip-length hair and she's still growing :smile:

Prism
June 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM
My mom and sis have hair that brushes their ankles. My mom wears hers up in a braided bun, and my sister usually has hers in one long braid. The church they go to is full of ultra-long-haired women. Most will trim their hair, but some (like my mom and sis) don't believe in even trimming.

Bloop
July 3rd, 2005, 05:55 AM
One of my UK friends had hair to her Calves, now its just at thighs. It looks alot better though.

Speedbump
July 3rd, 2005, 06:04 AM
I have been lucky enough to meet Lady Godiva in person and she has incredibly beautiful ankle-length hair. Since that was not a specific option, I chose "floor length." Jennifer really is a lady, too! :flowers:

Speedy

Guineapig
July 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
I said Classic Length. Guess the people around here aren't too into real long hair. I see tons of waist length hair, mostly on the high school girls, but none much longer than that. Now, I once saw a man with a BEARD that was about knee length!

Catladyintown
July 3rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
I had a friend, that had about floor length. She cut it off around 15 years ago. She said her long hair made her look older.:silly: I thought it made her look young. It was sad she fell for that old myth. Any she moved from Tucson, but I don't think she regretted it.

EE
July 3rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
An Asian girl with a mid-calf-length braided rope. The ends looked thin, though. I imagine if she undid her braid, her hair would have reached the floor.

KittyCat
July 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM
MY brother's best friend Björn.
His hair goes down to his knees, and is healthy and naturalblond. Amazing!!! :inlove:

curls2grow
July 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
In person, the longest I have seen is waist length. (Sheltered life, huh?) My jaw dropped when I first saw how long some people have there hair around here -- truly inspiring. :flower:

AngelinIvy
July 18th, 2005, 09:00 PM
The longest hair i have ever seen is on this one girl i see walking to the bus every day. It doesn't look that great though. Very damaged. But there is this one girl in my school who has absolutely gorgeou hair. It is platinum blond but it's natural and it is straight and tailbone length. She is also very tall and the way it swishes back and forth when she walks makes me insane with jealousy.

Norman
July 19th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Living in UK among an Indian population means I quite often see large buns and braids to knee length. The hair however is rarely shown loose. A year ago I did see a lady of Indian extraction with her hair loose to her ankles . It was thick and wavy, in good condition. It was quite long because I judged her to be about 5' 10'' . i also had the good fortune to see Crystal Gayle in concert a few years ago. I know she's short , but her hair would have been on the floor were it not for the fact that she was wearing high heels.

SunCat
July 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Knee length is the longest hair I have seen, it was a woman probably in her mid 40's with the most beautiful shiny black hair I have ever seen. She had some pure white hairs mixed in which added sparkle to her hair. She was wearing her hair down, it was truly amazing :flower:

invisiblebabe
July 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I've seen a handful of Hispanic women with knee length hair, usually braided. There are a lot of Hispanic families where I live, and seeing long haired women in that culture is not too unusual.

Probably the most remarkable hair I have seen was my ex friend's sister. She was around 10 years old at the time, and she had classic length, really thick hair, definitely iii and probably 1b. It was naturally platinum blonde, and there was little to no tapering even at the ends.

i_love_nemo
July 19th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I saw a lady at target with a knee length braid and I was like 10 at the time and I thought it was a rope she tied in her hair( I know you would expect a 10 year old to know people dont tie ropes in their hair but hey I was was a slow kid)

Cactus Jack
July 21st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Well almost floor length. I remember three different occasions in the US when I saw hair that was almost floor length. The last occasion was two months ago! My wife and her friend reacted like it was weird and started to comment to each other when the saw the lady and I quickly jumped in and said how beautify I thought the ladies hair was. I told them was nice to see someone who liked to wear her hair that length, was willing to take the effort to care for it and was proud to show it off. That turned the conversation. Overseas in Asia, I saw knee to floor length hair several times on ladies walking down the street. I think real long hair was more popular in Asia than in the US back then (1960's and 1970's). But, now times are changing and I have noticed long hair is really catching on. It just takes time to grow it. :smile:

nomorecut
July 21st, 2005, 08:47 PM
Knee lenght, and was a friend of my friend.

barlow_girl_06
July 23rd, 2005, 07:09 PM
knee length hair on a 16 yr old girl at a christian leadership conference....wow, it was soooo pretty. she had a nice straight across hemline, too.

sevedra
July 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I met Denise once. Her hair was longer than "to the floor". It was beautiful. A few times I have seen non-club people just out in public, the longest I have seen then was below the knee. :)

Tulipa
August 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Only once I saw a lady with hair longer than kneelength. It was in Paris where we saw a young lady with beautiful straight blond hair down to her calves. She had many people staring at her! My husband saw Crystal Gayle in Holland many years ago when her hair was a little past floorlength, I still regret that I didn't join him...

Saldana
August 25th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I just remembered one: I once saw a Native American man out in public who had the longest braid I've ever seen.
It was beautiful, extremely thick black hair in a braid that was literally dragging on the floor (only the last 3-4 inches were hitting the floor). (I couldn't do that -- I'd step on my own hair and trip myself!!). This guy was about 6' tall (about 183 cm), too, so it was some extremely long hair! Wish I could've seen it loose! :)

Omigosh....I'm hoping that I inherited the same gene...I've never tried to grow my hair past waist length, and I'm certain it wouldn't get quite that long, but....wow.

- Saldana

Saldana
August 25th, 2005, 12:46 PM
It makes me so sad (and mad) to hear others comment on her hair. I'm thinking just wait until I have a braid to my waist, what ya gonna say about me?

*blink*...they say bad things about her hair?? What on earth do they say, and why on earth would they say it??

- Saldana

spidermom
August 25th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Saw an Asian woman in a local mall one time - hair about mid-calves - clipped back at the top, otherwise down. Just stunning. You didn't have mid-calves, so I chose knee.

Queenie
August 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Ooh! I have to change mine! A couple of weeks ago, I saw a woman on a supermarket parking lot with a knee-length braid, maybe even longer. It was simply gorgeous, I was stunned :bigeyes: I actually walked up to her to compliment her, but unfortunately she wasn't all that surprized or happy with the compliment (while it did take me quite some effort to approach her). She seemed to think something like - well yeaaahhh I get that all the time hun :roll: I do understand that, maybe she just had her mind set on other things that time, but still ... it would've been nice to get at least some appreciation :?

myrrh78
August 25th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I chose knee-length. I worked in a medical building and one of the administrative employees was a young Asian woman with hair to her knees that she wore down just about every day. She was (is) beautiful and her hair was stunning.

HappyHaley
August 26th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I've seen knee length before and that's how I set my goal for knee length.

~Haley

*Anna*
August 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Think it was classic lenght. But I'm not sure...

zift
August 26th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I seelots of long hair around wherre I live and I am out a lot I guess :rolleyes:
I have once seen a dredlocked man in Paris and his hair reached ankles made a huge ring and go back to hips so it's beyond-floor for sure!!
Once in Besiktas I saw a ~ankle lengthed braided woman whose braid is almost three times thicker than mine :bigeyes and black and shiny
Once at the hospital I've seen a woman sitting next to her locks. Then my friends said that her hair's to her knees but can't see it in total length.
Once at a restaurant I've seen a woman sitting with a very high ponytail and her hair has 1" to hit the floor. I was very impressed by this woman cause her locks are veryvery thin and changed my idea about "hair must be thick to grow to superlengths".
Once in Istiklal I saw another dreadlocked man whose hair reaches to his knees.
I have seen ~15 classic and a couple of thigh lengths. And lots of tailbone length. I couldn't count the waist lengthed people , I see them everyday countless in Turkey.

note: there are lots of long hair around but my friends still say I have the longest hair they've seen. Hmmm they should go out more :wink:

dagonlilly
August 26th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I see quite a bit of really long hair gals in my area we have a large mennenite community sorry if its misspelled so the girls keep there hair long. The longest I remember seeing was knee length and she had it commpletly down and only around 16 once they are 18 and or married they put it up under caps. I can tell they are proud of there hair by the way they show it off and I dont blame them. I also will say you never see any of them in hair salons so all of there hair care is done at home by themselves or family members.

Laululintu
August 27th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I saw a woman at work today who's beautifully thick braid was classic length, so I voted knee length, judging by the thickness of it.

I got a case of major hair envy ;)

Elbereth
August 27th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I don't remember ever seeing anyone whose hair would have been significantly longer than classic length :wail:

Ladydncing
August 27th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I voted classic length. I saw it on one of my
students in my study period. She reminded
me of Pocahontas and it was very healthy.

However, I've never seen hair longer than the
classic length. I am not sure if it's because
I just really didn't see any or if I just wasn't
paying attention. Now that I am trying to
grow my hair long maybe I'll start noticing
people's length.

lillauramc
August 27th, 2005, 04:05 PM
My DH's aunt has ankle length when braided. I have never seen it down.

Maela
August 27th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Knee-length is the longest hair I've seen in real life. I don't see lots of long hair where I live (central CA). :(

Kajol
August 28th, 2005, 05:53 AM
The longest hair I've ever seen IRL was a wheat colored, 1a M iii knee-length 4-strand box-braid. That was the most amazing hair sighting ever ... considering the second longest length I've ever seen IRL was 'just' tailbone.

Bill D.
August 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Hi, it's me asking questions again ;)

I once saw a tall Native American woman at a pow-wow with a braid to her ankles. It would probably have reached the ground if worn loose. That was an amazing day- I saw nine women there with hair to mid-thigh or longer in one day. Most wore their hair loose.

Bill D.

styg
August 28th, 2005, 11:03 AM
knee length, on a guy

texasgal
August 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Knee length was the longest I have seen in real life.

Gonzawguh
August 28th, 2005, 04:41 PM
The longest hair I've seen in real life had to be around knee length. It was a thick, ink black, braid. This hair was absolutely gorgeous and one of the reasons why I want to grow my hair out! :)

SittyKitty
August 30th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I meet a girl one time that had her hair in two knots in the length and it was brushing the ground.
Also, I know a women with her braided it almost touches the ground.

futurestylist
September 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
The longest I saw was recently an asian woman with hair much much longer than she was tall. Just beautiful!!!

Sassenach
September 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
In person, it would be knee length.I've seen longer in pics or on TV, but that doesn't count, right?

snowbear
September 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I saw a woman in a cream-colored buisiness skirt-suit, and her hair was too the end of her pumps. I remember wanting to be her--I was 6 at the time. Now I just want waist length.

LaDanaide
September 7th, 2005, 05:49 PM
The longest hair I've seen belonged to a beautiful young woman I just met yesterday and it was almost knee-length.

-firstwomantomars

allege
September 7th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Floor lenght, Crystal Gayles when she is up visiting her brother and other assorted family.
And my grandmothers was near floor lenght.

lilmisspicky126
September 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM
a friend of mines mom had the longest hair i can ever remember seeing. it was down to her ankles braided. wavy strawberry blond color. it was ( and still is, its alot longer now tho) gorgeous

Rydain
September 8th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Years ago, I saw a woman with a gorgeous thick black braid hanging at least to her knees.

56short
September 8th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I said knee length, but i don't know if it counts to talk about your own hair. If not, then tailbone length.

NaturalBrunette
September 12th, 2005, 06:31 AM
When I was a little girl, I saw a woman in the grocery store with ankle-length pale blonde hair that looked like silk. I never forgot how pretty her hair was.

Garnet66
September 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I stand corrected. I saw a lady yesterday with ankle length hair. Very pretty ankle length hair.

princess
September 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM
My Science Teacher in school she had calf length hair. She always wore it up in a bun. ( Don't all teachers do?) But once she had it plaited it reached below her knees. If left loose it would have reached her ankles. Some of the students who had been to her house vouched for it.

princess
September 12th, 2005, 08:22 AM
She was very short too so the length really stood out.

Zopf
September 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Only classic length. She wore it down. It was beautiful.

faeflame
September 13th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I rarely see anyone with longer that waist length but I did have one sighting of a lady with lovely chestnut hair to her knees, awesome!

Katka
October 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Knee-length, and this several times! I think my hair doesn't grow that long, and for me, waist length would be really enough!

Faerie_Princess
October 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
The longest hair I've seen lately belongs to a girl who lives two doors down. She's about five foot even and her braid is knee-length. Her hair is a brown-black, but she gets brassy highlights sometimes. I don't think they suit her, but she loves it. I've never seen her hair undone. Only in the braid. She always wears one of those beaded elastics at the top, a rubber band at the bottom, and a big scrunchie when she buns the braid.

hairymonster
October 5th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Calf length. It was braided and because the lady who sported it had curly hair, it stayed braided without a rubberband or ribbon or anything to hold the ends!

LadyOttoline
October 5th, 2005, 10:56 AM
THe longest I've ever seen in real life really wasn't that long, just below classic. I was in a restroom at some airport! She was combing her hair, and I was combing mine and we complimented each other--but hers was really much longer and nicer than mine. It was very full and thick. She told me it was growing so well because she was pregnant and that during her first preganacy it had grown quite a bit. Made me wanna be pregnant all the time...LOL!

embee
October 5th, 2005, 04:53 PM
When I was in high school there was a girl about 3 years younger than I was and her braid slapped below her knees. I always wondered how long her hair really was, and for this poll I said Floor Length, because I figure that's how long it must have been when she let it loose. I can't imagine trying to take care of a child's hair that length... I wonder how she managed gym class.

techieskittles
October 5th, 2005, 05:39 PM
i knew a girl who had her hair out definitely past her knees, it was thick brown hair and it amazed me. She chopped off several feet of it for locks of love (sad now that i know its not worth it) but it was still below her shoulders. Its growing out again, probably hitting at least her hips now.

PrettyCurly
October 5th, 2005, 05:49 PM
When my cousin was a young girl, her hair would touch the floor when her mom warm pressed it. It is a dark brown color; it was very shiny, thick, and course... extremely beautiful-- and it still is.

shopaholic911
October 5th, 2005, 08:09 PM
This lady one time at ladys confrence she had never been cut draging on the floor beutiful hair she was just praying and looked beutiful and i thought i want to look just like her when i got older .And all those scriptures i had heard about your hair being your glory just made sence her hair was her glory and she looked beutiful

ljc
October 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
about 1985....at the mall in Decatur, IL....a woman walked by and as she continued, she had long full straight blonde hair down to her ankles. The last five inches or so had been curled, so it probably was floor length....

will remember that forever.

LJC

ctx
October 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I would say Classic length

ammorgan
October 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
There was a girl I went to school with like back in Kindergarten and she always wore her hair in a braid and if I remember right it was midback to waist length.

Her mom also had long hair too and wore it braided and I want to guess it was waist length when it was braided.

easterjoy
October 17th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Belong to a church where women don't ever cut their hair. Classic length is common, a few with floor length but most don't do anything special to help hair.

jel
October 19th, 2005, 02:24 AM
On my last summer holiday I saw a girl, maybe 15 yo, with wavy, classic length dark hair. She was with a few other girls who looked like Holywood clones - all with bleached, shoulder length, straightened hair.

I have to admit, though, prior to joining LHC I was not much of a hair observer!

BBGrrl
October 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I guess I don't live in the area for super long hair. A classic braid was the longest I have ever seen.

lalamcd
October 20th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Floor length is the longest I've ever seen. I don't know how you get along with wearing it down @ that length though. I would be concerned that it would get caught in something or get super dirty. Usually I see knee length or classic.

cruztacean
October 20th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Classic, on a (3rd grade) teacher I had and loved as a child. She usually wore it up, but she had it down one day, and I saw how long it was. Another thing about Mrs. Spaulding is that I don't remember her ever not smiling, even when she was scolding someone. Beautiful lady, inside and out.

Celtic-Princess
May 2nd, 2006, 03:50 PM
I've seen knee length hair on a good friend of mine, but that was years ago, before she got tired of it and cut it above shoulder. i cried for her hair, it was so beautiful. she is the reason why i decided to let my hair grow long in the first place.

Have tried to convince her to let it grow again, but the longest she's gotten is bra strap length and then she complains it's too hot and cuts it. she now has ear length hair. sniffles.

Celtic Princess

Elisabeth-Anne
May 2nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
I saw a woman at work today with a classic length silver/brown braid.

Misso
May 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Actually a few months back at a party I saw a couple of ladies, looked like early twenties and sisters. They both had knee length hair, a very nice brown color, looked soft and shiny, it was all one length hair, so it also looked thick. I really admired them for it.

fantasian00
May 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
I have only seen 2 knee length hair.

One was an asian lady from my church with straight black hair, she has her hair in a pony tail but you can tell that it would be to her knees if she let it down.

The other I saw randomly at school, she has straight blond hair that tapered to her knee.

Even when I see tailbone length, I'm always thinking 'wow'!

Clare-Dragonfly
May 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
I see past-knee-length hair almost every day :lol: One of my best friends has extremely long hair. She took my siggy picture in fact! :D

Dirty Blonde
May 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Voted "knee", but it was actually more around calf length.

Love My Cop
May 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Knee length would have to be the longest i've seen in real life

Xandergrammy
May 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
My first husband's first wife (got that???) is Filipino and when I knew her she had thick, black, amazing hair. In a braid, it dragged on the floor. :cloud9:

Leni

blueflame87
May 3rd, 2006, 02:22 AM
Actually, the longest hair I ever remember seeing was also the first time I'd ever seen really long hair! I was actually really young (about 8, I want to say), and my family and I were in a restaurant. Our waitress had a super-thick, beautiful blondish braid down to her calves. We all gawked and were very impressed. I don't remember if I complimented her on it or not, but I'm sure she knows that we were all quite amazed.

eamane
May 3rd, 2006, 04:30 AM
a woman i "knew" when i was a teen, she had black hair somewhere in the area of her knees/just below... i think she has cut it back to around classic nowadays... i remember she used to have it in a long braid...

connie
May 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
The longest hair I've ever seen in real life was about mid-thigh length. It was super thiiiiick, wavy from a braid maybe and light brown.

It was neat to see, but after seeing her, I decided that super-super long was not for me...

littletresses
May 3rd, 2006, 04:58 AM
I'm seeing a LOT more long hairs now since I joined LHC :lol: Probably the longest I've ever seen is classic...maybe a little shorter. Recently I saw a woman with tailbone length, straight black hair. It was gorgeous. :inlove:

Suzie
May 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
I've known two women with knee length or a bit longer. They both kept it up most of the time, so I only saw it a few times on either one.

Forever Long
May 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
I voted knee length, but I've actually seen a couple of people with it past that, more like around calf length, but not quite ankle. I saw a woman at the grocery store just a couple of days ago whose hair was braided and knee length with the braid, so I would guess past knee if unbraided. I can only dream...

Lillian
May 4th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Bum length! My aunt used to be able to sit on her hair, I think that is the longest 'real life' hair I have ever seen...

Exodus
May 4th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I voted classic, because I think it was closest alternative to mid thigh length, which is the longest hair I´ve seen in real life. I think I´ve seen a couple of girls with that length. But one of them had hair in terrible condition. It really looked gross. Oh well, I guess she loves it it.

But the first time I saw a girl with that long hair I was just "Wow, is is really that long?!"

ocean blue
May 4th, 2006, 04:30 AM
My mum's hair is past her knees and that's the longest hair I've ever seen. There are quite a lot of people with waist length hair in my area but I don't think I've seen anyone around with hair as long as hers. She's my inspiration for growing my hair :inlove:

Juniper
May 4th, 2006, 12:09 PM
There was a girl with a braid almost to her knees at a "this is why you should go to our university" weekend when I was a senior in high school. I was impressed but I didn't really like the effect.

I knew a girl in junior high school who had classic length hair. It was fabulous and I wanted hair like that so badly, but she hated it and her parents wouldn't let her cut it.

Elle
May 4th, 2006, 12:13 PM
The longest hair I've ever seen in real life is my own and to be honest with you... it doesn't look all that long to me. It's only when I see somebody else with hair close in length to mine and I point them out to my husband. He usually says that my hair is longer which always comes as a surprise. :lol: I think I may have a hair-shortening mirror. :rolleyes:

Shell
May 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
The longest hair I ever saw in real life was mid to low calf length on a teacher in elementary school. She kept her hair long for religious reasons, and had never cut it.

Recently my longest hair was nicolezoie's at the San Diego meet!

Generally, I sometimes see people with classic length, or sometimes mid thigh length, but usually I have the longest hair! This is funny, because I am only between tailbone and classic.

trolleypup
May 4th, 2006, 09:17 PM
High heel length, i.e. slightly past floor length. Longest haired guy I've see was knee length. Longest non-fairy tale hair was upper calf length. But, I cheat, since I spend 8 hours a day cruising around San Francisco looking for longhairs.:silly:

mira-chan
May 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I've seen several people with knee length hair, most in braids. I see classic length and tailbone length a lot here.

kimberlily
May 6th, 2006, 06:27 AM
This past Wednesday, I saw a girl (probably about 17 or 18) with knee length hair. Unfortunately, she put pale blonde streaks in it (she was Latina) and flat ironed it, so it was so dry looking I wanted to attack her with coconut oil :lol:

Saoirse
May 6th, 2006, 06:28 AM
My Navajo father has lovely jet-black hair that he never cuts or even trims; I believe it's a bit past classic by now.

Samara Morgan
May 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM
I remember seeing a woman at Glasgow central station who had knee-length hair, it was dirty blonde and she wore it down - it was definetely a sight to see :grin: !

connie
May 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
This past Wednesday, I saw a girl (probably about 17 or 18) with knee length hair. Unfortunately, she put pale blonde streaks in it (she was Latina) and flat ironed it, so it was so dry looking I wanted to attack her with coconut oil :lol:

:rollin: OMG, I've seen people like that before....now where's that coconut oil?

I can see the headlines now...Rash of Coconut Oiling Attacks Strikes Panic Across the US; Woman Jailed for DT Attack; Longhairs Subjected to Length-al Profiling; Congress Enacts Anti-Coconut Oil Bill
:jestor:

shrimp
May 6th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Assuming we're not counting our own hair, I went for waist length but hip is actually the longest I have seen in real life. Just yesterday I was in town and a girl walked past with the most shiny, thick, gorgeous blonde hair with slight braid waves.

Emichiee
May 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
The longest was classic a few days ago..before I hevent seen longer than TB

dancingmegs
May 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
The longest hair that I've seen was Dianyla's! (mid-calf length)

Atlantia
May 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM
A girl I worked with had knee or calf length hair. Its hard to remember because she always had it up. Her husband put it into tiny little braids/twists for her, and it looked really neat. Another girl from the same shop had tailbone length hair that she called "short" because she had just gotten it cut, and another girl had waist. I think I'm realizing the true true reason I wanted to grow my hair long....I was surrounded by beautiful longhairs!

Elika
May 7th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Classic. And that was on a guy!!!

Ylliria
May 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Some of you are really lucky! I've never seen hair longer than... well, I voted classic, but it was a bit shorter (a bit longer than tailbone). It was a girl in high school, who looked like a thousand and one nights princess with her long dark braid. But she planned to cut it and explained that it was because she felt too different from the other girls... And that was just once in my life...I dream of admiring hair at knees or longer in "real life", but infortunately there are very few very long- haired persons in France...

Shermie Girl
May 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
The longest hair I have seen IRL is knee-length. The gal kept it in a braid that she tucked into the back pocket of her jeans. I only saw it down once. Wow!

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2006, 03:18 PM
knee on about half a doxen people: two sisters who were some Xtian can't cut your hair church (and very tall), one woman I see occasionally at shows, and a family of three I met at a museum.
Oh, and a couple guys with waist to ankle length dreads. VERY impressive (because that is about twice as much hair as we see the length)

Tsuyu
May 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
It was knee length for me on a malay girl.. Beautiful...

nessthing
May 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM
It wasn't a choice, but the hair I saw was not quite classic, but definitely past waist. More like hip. Where you keep your pants. I chose classic.

avery
May 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
The longest I've seen IRL was calf length. It reminded me a lot of Elle's hair in texture and color. It was absolutely breathtaking!

My Grandma had classic length hair when she was young but I've only seen it in old photographs.She wore it Princess Leia style in two big buns on the side of her head. :rockerdud

SugarLime
May 10th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Can't remember seeing anyone with hair longer than about waist-length IRL. Even waist-length hair is a pretty rare sight.

Tabitha
May 10th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Beatnik Guy's is the longest I've seen in real life! very impressive too.

icpfreak101
May 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM
um I would have 2 say the longest ive seen it was my aunts hers is about at her ankles. i was so mad when she cut it all the way to her shoulders i was like are you crazy?

Miriela
May 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I think the longest I've seen was a single braid at classic length, so it must have been mid thigh when let down. I wanted to say something to the owner (a girl my age) but I didn't. I think she kept it for religious reasons, although I don't know.

kikwear69er
May 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Floor length on a guy in Reno.

golden_gal
May 11th, 2006, 04:39 AM
There's a girl in my school with hair somewhere between tailbone and classic, and it it absolutely gorgeous!! She usually ties it in a bun but sometimes braid it in a long braid too.

Fireweed
May 11th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I had to vote classic, but the hair was more mid thigh.

Sara
May 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I think the longest was around need length that I had seen at Wal-Mart, anything longer than waist length is uncommon sight around here.

SchnauzerMom
May 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I saw a lady in the Mall who had hair that was between knee and floor length. It was dark and straight and very beautiful. She wore it loose.

samv06
May 12th, 2006, 03:35 AM
i have seen upto the kneeee and i was kinda surprised..... it looked soo pretty

Xan
September 1st, 2006, 12:34 PM
Today I saw an older lady at the mall with an almost knee braid of grey hair. I just happened to turn around and see it. She was leaving and I was going in, I always miss that stuff, If I saw her in the mall I would have told her about this site and complimented her ( so rare).

Ylliria
September 1st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Today I saw an older lady at the mall with an almost knee braid of grey hair. I just happened to turn around and see it. She was leaving and I was going in, I always miss that stuff, If I saw her in the mall I would have told her about this site and complimented her ( so rare).
How strange, just a week ago I saw an old(er) lady (maybe 70) with a beautiful, thick braid which passed classic!
I was so happy to see that, til that I hadn't seen hair longer than tailbone or a bit more, and this was on young girls!

Mikhail
September 1st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Floor length i saw that one singer when she came it it touched the floor, but can't remeber her name...long black ahir...kinda country...

Bloop
September 1st, 2006, 11:55 PM
Floor length i saw that one singer when she came it it touched the floor, but can't remeber her name...long black ahir...kinda country...

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Crystal Gayle. She's known for her hair.

And I wish there were more long hair's here. All I see everyday is between shoulders and BSL. Same thing and just getting very boring to look at. Haven't seen a person with waist length in awhile.

talullah
September 2nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
I've seen daeana's (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=862282&postcount=5) hair IRL, definitely the longest I've ever seen! And quite a treat! :)

raisin
September 2nd, 2006, 05:27 AM
In real life I have seen classic length hair a couple of times. Two girls were at my class, other sightings were in the street and on a party. All this hair was really well taken care off, thinking back it is an inspiration.

syb
September 2nd, 2006, 05:58 AM
The longest hair that I have ever seen is Crystal Gayle's. I have always admired her SUPER LONG hair ever since I was a young girl.

Penelope
September 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
My own lengths, at times ...that I've seen. (Of course, have seen a lot people on the internet that have much longer hair than mine has been. )

Visiting North Carolina a few years ago, I did see lots & lots of people with classic and thigh--everywhere! It was surprising. The sightings made the trip much more interesting!

sexyjacksparrow
September 2nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
I voted classic. I think I may have seen longer but can't remember as it's only been recently I've been actively paying attention!

Missa
September 2nd, 2006, 01:52 PM
A little sikh girl had a braid down to her ankles and she was running around playing in the schoolyard of her sikh school. Most of the girls had waist length hair, but hers was the longest.

Moi
September 2nd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Waist! its quite sad really where i come from long hair is just not in fashion.

i LONG YO SEE LONG HAIR!

To see pictures of it is fasinating, unusual and unknown to me

Exodus
September 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
When I saw this tread again I realized I've voted wrong. The longest I've seen is knee-length. I saw a russian girl the other day with knee.length and then I remebered I'd seen this length before.

HerbalAnnie
September 3rd, 2006, 06:37 AM
Definitely Crystal Gayle. I knew her hair was long, but I went to one of her concerts.... she was wearing heels and her hair still dragged the floor!

Kattra4
September 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
I've seen a girl, around 9 years old with classic length hair in a store.

Diamondbell
September 5th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I have seen a lot of knee-lengths. Unfortunately I haven't seen floor length in real life!

Susan D.
September 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
There is a lady in our area with ankle-length blonde hair that is stunning. My Rachel's hair is now at thigh-length and heading down to knee-length, but this is not quite so hard to do when you're only 5 and less than 4 feet tall. :grin:

VanillaTresses
September 5th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Well, I had originally marked classic length, but yesterday I saw knee length! It was particularly nice knee length too, a medium ashy blonde, thin and straight. At first I couldn't tell how long it was but then when we walked past eachother I turned around and WHOA! It was knee length with beautiful fairy tale ends... I had some serious hair envy at that moment. I guess you will always see spectacular hair when you are least expecting it!