Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Essential Oils blend for thinning hair

Meg_Evenstar
January 8th, 2005, 01:22 PM
For those that are interested here is a site that has essential oil blends. I bought the one for thinning hair. It has not come yet, but when it does I plan to mix 1/2 teaspoon of the blend with 4 ounces of carrier oil and use it to stimulate hair growth. I have been using the recipe on the Recipe Board with positive results, but it requires me to buy four seperate oils and this one is mixed for me.

I did the conversions on the recipe to get the 1/2 teaspoon to 4 ounces and then I later found a mixing chart on From Nature with Love's site, so it is correct.

Meg

Hum.. I just know I posted the link. What happened to it?? Oh well here it is again http://www.essentialwholesale.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=42&cat=Essential+Oil+Blends

ETA: It's the Chrome Dome.

I had posted it on the wrong board so maybe something happened to it in the move or perhaps I have entered the "hairlight zone" :silly:

Meg_Evenstar
January 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Moderators could you please move this to Hair Products and Review. I accidently posted on the wrong board.

Thanks,

Meg

Sanguine
January 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
For those that are interested here is a site that has essential oil blends. I bought the one for thinning hair. It has not come yet, but when it does I plan to mix 1/2 teaspoon of the blend with 4 ounces of carrier oil and use it to stimulate hair growth. I have been using the recipe on the Recipe Board with positive results, but it requires me to buy four seperate oils and this one is mixed for me.

I did the conversions on the recipe to get the 1/2 teaspoon to 4 ounces and then I later found a mixing chart on From Nature with Love's site, so it is correct.

Meg
WHERE?, WHERE!!! :face: :shocked: :hooched:

Meg_Evenstar
January 8th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I corrected the post :jestor:

Meg

Meg_Evenstar
January 14th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Bumping for the one interested.

Meg

Artemisia
January 14th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Meg,

Have you already received the oils? How are they working?

You mentioned you have had good results with the oils from the Recipe Board. Can you describe your results in more detail? Thanks!

Meg_Evenstar
January 14th, 2005, 10:19 AM
The oils in the blend include the ones in the recipe and also more that I have researched as being good for hair growth. I have only used the blends once so it is too soon to tell about them. As for the recipe, well, my shedding has gone way down. I am shedding less than I have in many years and maybe less than I ever have. I now shed less than 50 hairs a day with many days being less than 20. I do have a lot of new growth as well. What I am looking for is less shedding and that is what I am getting. I don't think I am growing faster. I always grow slower in the winter. My growth spurt is in the spring and summer and into early fall. I will just have to see what happens when spring comes along. I hope this helps.

Meg

Artemisia
January 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM
This helps, thank you! I would be curious to know if the blended oils also have the same effect. I might buy it in couple weeks, when the payday comes (he-he).

Also, I was interested - how long do you massage your scalp with the oils and what massage technique do you use? :smile:

Meg_Evenstar
January 15th, 2005, 03:16 AM
This helps, thank you! I would be curious to know if the blended oils also have the same effect. I might buy it in couple weeks, when the payday comes (he-he).

Also, I was interested - how long do you massage your scalp with the oils and what massage technique do you use? :smile:

I message just enough to get the oils in all of my scalp. I wait at least one hour before washing and most times I just put a towel over a pillow and sleep with it in and wash it the next day. I'm thinking the blends will work the same and they are much cheaper than buying four oils if you are having to choose. I have the other four, but I would have done this if I had found it first. I bought it now because I am thinking it is better in that it contains more of the oils recommended for hair growth. I read about this in the book Naturally Healthy Hair.

Meg

moonchaser
August 22nd, 2005, 04:00 PM
bump-this is too good to lose

Artista
September 6th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I went to the link you gave, and can't figure out which blend is for thinning hair. :( Does it alone make a big difference? I'm not one for mixing up anything, so if it makes a big difference on it's own in either hair loss or growth--- then I'd love to try it.

TIA!

Tea Lady
September 6th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Same here - is it the "Chrome Dome" blend?

Thanks, Tea Lady

Meg_Evenstar
September 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Yes, it's the Chrome Dome. I fixed the original post :wink:

Meg

nwadrebma
September 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM
I'm a huge fan of home made beauty products. Last night after readinga couple of threads about iols to encourage hair growth I decided to try my hand at it. I have been collecting essential and carrier oils for about a year, so I have quite the selection. I read about a few premade infusions and about chromedome. Sorry about the vague recipe but unless you really know the chemisrty behind the oils (I don't) you're never sure what you are going to get :)
I took about 3oz of jojoba oil (what I had left in a random bottle) and added 5-10 drops each (depending on your preference, remember, if it doesn't smell nice to you, you will not recieve the other benefits of relaxation and well being) of these essential oils:
cypress
thyme
rosemary
sage
basil
grapefruit
geranium
lemon
and about 15 drops of lavender since I really wanted it to smell nice.
I also added 1/2oz of wheatgerm oil for the vitamin E and preserving this brew :)
I have it it my hair now. I applied probably too much before I went to sleep last night and I am going to wash it out in a little bit.
THe scent turned out kind of earth with a definite lavender undertone. I really like it.
When I first joined this community (not long ago) I hadn't done a chemical treatment on my hair for about a year. I guess I'm just not ready to treat my hair nicely yet. I am trying to baby it while I abuse it though. It's pink. Bright pink, I love it and I know it's needs extra special care while it's like this.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the little blend and that it works well for you. I can't see how my hair wouldn't appreciate the moisture right now as well as the effects of the essential oils.

nwadrebma
September 7th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Same here - is it the "Chrome Dome" blend?

Thanks, Tea Lady
It's Chrome Dome and you MUST dilute it. It is a blend of essential oils with no carrier oil.