Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Results of my un-perm

Wholeheart Mom
January 5th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Hi everyone,

It finally dawned on me why my hands were shaking so much yesterday-- It was all the good hair vibes that were coming my way!!:rockerdud With your encouragement and support, I was able to go where no wholeheart has ever been before and boldly enter the world of hair straightening.

After a 6 hour deep treatment, I rinsed my hair and applied Ogilvie Hair Straightening system with the help of my husband. He was so sweet, and did a great job in spite of the fact that his nostrils were being assaulted by the smell. He kept saying "this stuff smells like a sewer!" I had to laugh at him whilst keeping my hair straight and combing like crazy.

I only left it on to process for 10 minutes and probably could have left it on longer. It reduced my frizz factor by about 80%, which I feel is phenomenal results! Also, my hair feels very soft and manageable which I attribute to the leave-in conditioner that came with the straightening system. It really is fantastic stuff and I am hoping it could be purchased separately. I intend on finding out.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the results, although the dryness is still persistent. I plan on continuing my deep treatments and I know it will improve. I just came back from the doctor's office (had a tube surgically implanted in my right ear) so my hair is a little mussy from lying cockeyed on the surgical table, but you can get a good impression of the results.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KEHCmom/DSCN4825.jpg

Thank you all for your good wishes and hair vibes. You all have been such a blessing, and I am proud to be part of such a wonderful community.

LILBERT
January 5th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Your hair looks great. i'm glad it went well for you. :flower:

nastasska
January 5th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Your hair looks great :grin: You've done a wonderful job :grin:

Koala Kim
January 5th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I am so glad your "un-perm" worked out for you!

Yes keep up the deep conditioning treatments. Your hair will love you for it. :flower:

After a 6 hour deep treatment, I rinsed my hair and applied Ogilvie Hair Straightening system with the help of my husband. He was so sweet, and did a great job in spite of the fact that his nostrils were being assaulted by the smell. He kept saying "this stuff smells like a sewer!" I had to laugh at him whilst keeping my hair straight and combing like crazy.

Men are too funny!
I remember the 1st time I colored my hair after I got married. I kept apologizing for the odor. Hubbs finally said "Look, I have 4 sisters & a mom. I've smelled everything!" :misskim:

Snowymoon
January 5th, 2005, 06:09 AM
WOW!!! Your hair looks really good and shiney there! So glad it worked out for you. :grin: Do you feel your natural wave pattern has returned? Perhaps the first perm was just too strong, and this realy relaxed it to just right. Looks fabulous!! :flower:

fairygirl69
January 5th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I'm glad it worked well for you.

RoseAnn
January 5th, 2005, 06:17 AM
I am so glad it went well. I love your picture of you and your girls. :lol:

RoseAnn

rawtoast
January 5th, 2005, 06:22 AM
WOW, Wholeheart Mom, your hair looks G R E A T ! ! ! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad the un-perming worked so well for you!! Congrats! :hollie:

I hope your hair continues to improve to where you want it to be, and I know that if you keep working at it, it will! :D Meantime, celebrate the fact that you were able to go through with the un-perming (I know I would have been too nervous :?) and that your hair is better for it :flower:

Hairstorm
January 5th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Looks nice! Good job!

Larz
January 5th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Wonderful news! Is that some growth I see too??? I'm glad things went well for you and you're doing well. Keep up with that TLC and keep us updated! :)

Sally
January 5th, 2005, 07:42 AM
:flowers: That is a great improvement. It looks really nice. Glad you're feeling happier with it

seabear
January 5th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Wow, looks great! I'm so glad it worked out for you.

MemSahib
January 5th, 2005, 07:57 AM
It looks really good, Wholeheart! Much better. Less dry, shinier. I'd say your unperm was a great success! Congratulations! So glad it came out well. (I was thinking of you last night and wondering how it had gone.)

Fia
January 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Looks great! Congratulations on the good result.

brunette
January 5th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Ooo I was so hoping you would come back and tell us it was a success, and you have!! I am so pleased for you!
Keep up the good work (((((Wholeheart Mom))))
:flower:

harpgal
January 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM
What great news! I'm very happy for you! Your pic shows a beautiful head of hair and I'm sure you will continue to take good care of it.

Corinne
January 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
:hollie: :hollie: :hollie:
I'm glad to hear that all went well!!! :grin:
Sending some more good hair vibes for future growth!

Rotch
January 5th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Just beeeeauuuutiful, Wholeheart Mom! Woo hoo! (Said with a gruff, manly voice!-lol) And look at all that growth since your perm! Must be 2", at least. You're well on your way, ye fellow parent of four girls. :flowers: Bob
P.S. Methinks hubby's starting to LIKE the idea of you with long hair! (lol) :lol:

girlndocs
January 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Oh my goodness! What a difference! :thumbsup:

Honey Mane
January 5th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Your hair looks GREAT Wholeheart Mom! Good job! And congrats to your hubby, too for his wonderful assistance! :grin:

Garnet66
January 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Congrats on your great results! I'm so happy that you're happy. I was thinking of you all day yesterday. I'm glad it worked out! I'm sure you could use some cookies and coffee. :coffee: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: Sorry if you don't like coffee, it was the only thing on the menu. :wink:

Wholeheart Mom
January 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Wow, thanks for all the great compliments! After a rough day at the doctor's office and attempting to homeschool my girls while not feeling my best, I needed a little pick me up.

Snowy, I thought the same thing-- looks like my waves are trying to restore their presence throughout the frizz. They are VERY dominant waves and have fought the good fight, so they deserve their chance to shine.

Larz, my hair has grown a very respectable inch and a quarter this past month. In spite of all the stress it has been subjected to, it still keeps on growing, just like the energizer bunny.

Rotch, my husband is very complimentary of my hair and proud of the job he did on it. He somehow feels it is now "his little creation" and part of him. He's gonna love it even more when it's really long.

Thanks again, fellow LHCer's! And one more favor....... If I ever even mention the word "perm" again will someone personally come over here and smack the daylights out of me, hide my keys and my wallet and force me to look at my perm pictures until I toss my cookies....... I would really appreciate that, you know!!! Thank you!!:flower:

sapna
January 5th, 2005, 11:39 AM
your hair looks great. I am glad you had good result

CurlyBrunette
January 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Great job Wholeheart Mom :rockerdud

DancesWithCurls
January 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well.

Dances with Curls

Rain
January 5th, 2005, 12:50 PM
It looks great! I can't tell you just had a massive hair disaster. I'm sure it's going to suck up a lot of conditioner for a long time but it doesn't look like you need to cut anything off.

Meg_Evenstar
January 5th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Glad to hear it went well :rockerdud

Meg

Jesmiasan
January 5th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Fantastic news that it turned out well for you!! :smile:

Pilgrim
January 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I didn't see your before pic, but it sure looks great now! I'm glad the process worked out so well for you!

Julie

Laur
January 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM
yay! i'm glad to see/hear it went so well! great job - i'm so glad you're happy with it! (it looks great!)

Tap Dancer
January 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Your hair looks awesome! :grin:

Tresses
January 6th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Great results, Wholeheart Mom! :grin: