Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Where can I get Biotin in large doses - in a store, and not online

Garnett
November 11th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone, thanks so much for all your advice in my other thread about MSM. I have another question. I have only found biotin in one store and they sell it in tablets of 10mcg. DH wont buy vitamins online (trust and quality etc) so I need some suggestions on where I can get Biotin in a bigger amount than 10mcg. And I need it from an actual store. Grr. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Thanks so much!

AJ

PS: It might be too early to tell, but I think my new routine is working! Im using Nioxin cleanser and treatment, and the scalp therepy stuff after you wash and condition. And a follicle booster twice a day. Plus Im taking evening primrose oil (500mg), folic acid (1mg) and MSM (1000mg). I am going to give my current doses one more week and then I'll up the MSM to 2000mg. Hopefully Ill find Biotin soon!

Is it possible to grow a quarter of an inch in 6 days?

Gem
November 11th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Wal-Mart sells biotin in 1500 mcg doses. It's nice and cheap too :cloud9:

akwill823
November 11th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I've got a bottle of GNC's Women's Biotin 2500mcg that I purchased from drugstore.com. I know you don't want websites but I figured that I would mention it anyway since you should be able to find it in an actual GNC store. HTH =)

SilkenTresses
November 12th, 2004, 04:01 AM
To get the real high dose 10mg, (like the kind dr's prescribe for hair loss) you can ask the pharmacist at Eckerds. They keep it behind the counter. It is called Biotin Forte, and is more expensive than some other B vitamin mixes, but it is pure Biotin. It cost me about $14 for a large bottle.

PeloBueno
November 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
To get the real high dose 10mg, (like the kind dr's prescribe for hair loss) you can ask the pharmacist at Eckerds. They keep it behind the counter. It is called Biotin Forte, and is more expensive than some other B vitamin mixes, but it is pure Biotin. It cost me about $14 for a large bottle.
How many of the 10mg would you take? How many mg do most people take? I think I have seen mcg... I am not too sure.

nicolezoie
November 12th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I got my 5mg Biotin at Vitamin Shoppe. I don't know where you are from but I believe they are a nationwide name. I take one of these daily.

Meg_Evenstar
November 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Can you take too much? I use to take 5mg three times a day.

Meg

Garnett
November 13th, 2004, 10:47 AM
thanks guys :D

purplebubba
November 13th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I recently purchased my first bottles of Biotin.

I checked 3 stores.

CVS, Walgreens, & KMart.

CVS has a few different ones online but in the stores I could only find a spot for Nature's Bounty in the 1000 mcg - 100 tablets. They were out of them.

I could not find any biotin at KMart nor a spot for it.

Walgreens had 2 brands. They had Nature's Bounty 1000 mcg - 100 tablets (same as above) and they had Sundown 1000 mcg - 120 tablets.

Regular prices for them are
Nature's Bounty - $10
Sundown - $5
The ingredients are identical.

Check your local sale papers because lately one or the other has been buy one get one free. Plus some have had coupons on sundays too.

I didnt have a coupon and it wasn't on sale so I bought 2 bottles of the Sundown for $5 each. This gave me 120 Sundown tablets for the price of NB's 100.

If that isn't a high enough dose for you you can try taking more pills. The one's I have do have split lines on them so you could take additional 500 mcg at a time.

According to the bottle 1000 mcg is 333 % of the recommended daily amount.
At the moment I don't plan on taking more than that per day.

I'm now 9 days into my biotin routine. I'm not taking anything else and don't plan to.

I'm personally not trying to grow faster. I just want to take a little bit to perhaps strengthen my hair and nails a bit.

Garnett
November 13th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Where can I find them in Canada? London Ontario?

purplebubba
November 14th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Where can I find them in Canada? London Ontario?

I'm trying to find some places near you.

I tried the Zellers site but I couldn't find a product catalog online.

What are some major chains that are in your area?
Department Stores, Pharmacies, Vitamin Stores, etc.

Think of stores that not only have name brands but also their own brands of stuff.

purplebubba
November 14th, 2004, 06:22 AM
There's a Shoppers Drug Mart in your area that is a possibility, but as usual the web site doesn't have the product list yet.
http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca
They do have a line of products called Life that according to the online sale paper has a line of vitamins too. Which means even if they don't have biotin in that brand they might have a name brand.

curls2grow
November 14th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Drugstore.com sells GNC products (for the 2500mcg caps of biotin) and they do ship to Canada through a special website:

http://www.international-orders.com/shop/partner/DrugStore/siteRouter.do?mallName=comerxia&language=en

purplebubba
November 14th, 2004, 07:19 AM
I started some threads on the Product Reviews board so that people in different areas can put where they buy their products. Hopefully this will help.

joyinc
November 15th, 2004, 02:04 PM
thats odd, i have the GNC biotin that they sell here in canada, and its only 500mcg. I've never been able to find any anywhere else thats sells anything bigger... i looked at our walmart here the other day as well, and didnt see anything