Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : finally introducing ME!

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 04:58 AM
hi its *dIlBeRt*
Anybody know any home made hot oil treatments

LILBERT
September 1st, 2004, 05:09 AM
Hi Little big sis. :waving:

Fia
September 1st, 2004, 05:12 AM
Hi Heather/dilbert.

Welcome to both you and your sister.

If you color and perm your hair you likely need lots of extra protein treatment to replace some of the protein lost from the chemical treatments. Look for Joico's K-Pak or L'Anza's Strengthening line. Redken also have some good protein based treatments.

I think I left links directly for K-Pak and to L'Anza moisturing (strengthening is on the same site) in the message to Nutswmn a little further down the board.

/Fia

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 05:14 AM
thanks for you reply Fia.

Fia
September 1st, 2004, 05:18 AM
You're welcome! Just a little tip - please don't edit out the original text of your post and replace it with something else. It makes for a very confusing thread for people that come on later in the evening and have no idea what it said in the beginning. Instead post another thread if you have additional questions.

Everyone - Condensed version of Heather's original post is that she stated that she colors and perms her hair and she asked for help on how she can get it in better condition.

/Fia

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 05:25 AM
sorry :blushing:
i am not quite used to it yet. i had to start my first message twice before doing it properly. Thanks for letting me know :grin:

Glendora
September 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM
Well, hi there, Dilbert! You are sure to get a ton of good advice here. Post any specific questions you have...whatever it is, somebody has BTDT, LOL. Welcome to the board!

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM
IGNOR ME AGAIN.sorry i keep on sending things twice by accident :twisted:

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM
has anybody got any ideas on how to do a hair updo that wont
make my layers fall out. usually i do a high ponytail which hurts a bit, but if i doa low one my top layers come out and i look like a mop, with a ear length bob.
any suggestions? :heart:
dilbert.*

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 05:36 AM
thanks Glendora. i am sure everybody will be a big help. :lol:

seabear
September 1st, 2004, 05:54 AM
Hi, Dilbert! (hey we've now got a Dilbert and a Lilbert!)

My hair is also just past shoulders, and layered. I find the best updo to hide layers is a french twist. With a little practice, you should be able to do one. A french twish comb is the easiest tool to use to secure it and keep all the layers tucked under. If your side hair doesn't quite make it all the way back yet, you can always just turn it into face-framing tendrils.

As for hot oil treatments, you may find what you are looking for in the "recipes" section of the board. Some people also post their concoctions in their journals. So, just look around for a while, you'll get some great ideas!

HeatherWeather
September 1st, 2004, 06:02 AM
thanks seabear. i'll be trying that one tonight. :razz:
dilbert

CurlyBrunette
September 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the both of you! I know you asked about some oils and I would like to share what I use on my hair. When I use oil on my hair I apply it at night to both my scalp (for my dandruff) and to my hair. I usually use one of these:

1)Herbal Hair Oil by Better Botanicals: This is a great blend of 11 (I think) different Ayurvedic Indian Oils that aid in hair growth and scalp health. I absolutely LOVE this oil and I have noticed a positive change in my hair and scalp.

2) Jojoba Oil: My absolute favorite oil. Very light and absorbs well into the hair. Doesnt stain clothes (a good thing) or my pillowcases! Read about jojoba here (http://bostonjojoba.com).

3) Jessicurl's Scalp Stimulating Oil Blend: This is also great stuff and it is great for dry scalps too because it contains Rosemary and Eucalyptus essential oils. I like to mix this oil with apricot Kernel Oil to make it a little lighter and to lighten the scent a little bit. You can read more about it at Jessicurl.com (http://Jessicurl.com)

Hope this helps and have fun on the boards! :flower:

Chamomile betty
September 1st, 2004, 02:00 PM
Welcome Dilbert :flower:

Angel Hugs and Love

Teazel
September 1st, 2004, 02:09 PM
Hi, dilbert. :waving:

Chameleon
September 1st, 2004, 02:11 PM
Hi Dilbert, welcome to the lhc.

purplebubba
September 5th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Hi *dIlBeRt*

Welcome To LHC http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/purplebubba/smilies/sun.gif

Here's a nice comfy chair if you need one. http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/purplebubba/smilies/chairSM.gif

Glad you found us.

Here's a welcome bouquet

@}->->- @}->->- @}->->- -<-<-{@ -<-<-{@ -<-<-{@

I'm Robert / PurpleBubba from Michigan. I've been visitng & participating at hair care boards for about 4 years.

At the moment I can't think of any oil treatments but if I do I'll post them. Nice to have you here. :)

Keep Shining :sun:

Jesmiasan
September 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Dilbert,

Welcome to the community! :smile: