Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Igor... I used your scarf bun...

Miracle102375
May 15th, 2004, 08:20 AM
I used your scarf bun and it worked perfect for what I wanted. :rockerdud

I was wanting to deep condition my hair last night, but I feel asleep early and forgot all about it. I was just wanting it to look extra nice for my date this evening...

When I woke up at 6am this morning I was disappointed that I had forgotten about it. I needed to leave the house at 7:50 am to go to Walmart, Meijers, Kroger, Sam's and Aldi's.... I knew that by the time I got home I wouldn't have time to do a gooooodddd deep condition.

Then I thought "IGOR's SCARF BUN!!! That would work!!!" and it did.

I washed my hair, put it in a ponytail (using a scrunchi) while it was wet and dipped my ponytail in coconut milk. I then braided my slopppy, coconut milk hair. (this is the only thing I did different from Igor's instructions) I then followed Igor's instructions. I put the scarf (used a bandanda) over my ponytail, wrapped it into a bun and tied the two ends of the scarf together (Igor's instructions are much better than mine)

Unlike Igor, I didn't have any scarf left to hang down, but just barely enough to tie up.

So here is it 1pm (5 hours later) and I have ran all over the place doing my erands. I'm home now and the bandana bun is still in place.

So.....
**The bandana prevented the coconut milk from dripping (that would have been gross - in walmart with milk running down my neck -ha)
**The bandana prevented my hair from drying. It's still wet soaking in the milk!
**Also, I guarenteed no one even suspected my hair was covered in coconut milk!! It was beautifully hidden by the bandana. And now my hair will be sooo soft when I finish washing it.

Thankyou Igor!

I love seeing and reading everyones ideas.

Miracle102375

Queenie
May 15th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Deep conditioning on the go :mrgreen:
I love the idea!

Shelly
May 15th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Where can I find the instructions? I would love to try it. I usually just put my conditioner in at night and rinse it out the next morning before I go any where.

GettingThere
May 15th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Shelly,

It's a post in the photo gallery titled "Scarved Bun". It's about midway down the page.

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I think I'll do it next time I mow the lawn. That way I can protect my hair and add the heat of the sun to help activate the conditioner!!

Igor
May 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM
Aw man, I canít believe I missed this post! :cry:
Iím just bumping it up to say that Iím so glad it helped you, Miracle!
I have to try deep conditioning on the go myself
:heart: